The Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games will be hosted in Los Angeles, California in 2028, returning to the United States for the first time in over 30 years. 2028 will be the first time LA hosts the Paralympic Games, creating an opportunity to expand awareness, understanding and inclusion of people with disabilities.
LA28, the organizers for the 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Los Angeles, is on a mission to create an unparalleled Games experience for athletes, fans, partners, our community and our people. Our vision is to collectively create what’s next through sport, community and the power of our differences.
The LA28 Games will represent LA and leverage the strength of our community’s diversity and creativity as we collectively work to design a Games that we all want to be a part of. We do this by focusing on people and by inviting everyone into the story of the LA28 Games.
The LA28 organizing committee is an independent, non-profit organization that is privately funded and governed by a board of directors.
Our Vision is to collectively create what’s next by harnessing sport, community and the power of our differences. Our Mission is to create an unparalleled Olympic and Paralympic experience for athletes, fans, partners, our community and our people.
Values and Behaviors:
- Optimism – Embody a positive, enthusiastic, and solution-oriented attitude in everything we do; challenge the status quo, inspire and support one another to achieve our best; have our eyes on the future and believe we can make a meaningful impact
- Integrity – We communicate openly and honestly, listen, and respectfully value multiple perspectives; we do what we say and are accountable for everything we do; we do the right thing, always. Even when it isn’t easy
- Excellence – We hold ourselves to the highest standard and expectations; we live our values and truths and persevere through challenges; we are continuous learners and adapt and pivot with speed to meet changing needs
- Inclusion – We seek to represent, include, empower and level the playing field; our work reflects the communities we serve and the world in which we live; we leverage our platforms to bring awareness to issues relevant to who we are
- Co-Creation – We are authors of a shared story. Everyone contributes their unique voice to our shared mission; we share pride in our accomplishments and ownership of our shortcomings
- Boldness – We embrace creativity, courage and outside-the-box thinking; we are unafraid to take risks, explore unconventional solutions, and learn from the process; we are innovators, disruptors, and challengers of the status quo
Head of Ticketing:
The Revenue and Commercial team oversees the Ticketing, Hospitality, Accommodations and Food & Beverage departments within the Games Planning & Delivery group. This department is responsible for securing key revenue streams for LA28, ensuring sold out and fully attended events, and creating a robust and integrated accommodations strategy that supports our key stakeholders and operational needs.
Reporting to the VP, Business Strategy & Analytics, the Senior Director of Ticketing will be responsible for the creation, planning and execution of the ticketing strategy for the Olympic and Paralympic Games. They will oversee the entire ticketing department and be responsible for driving over $1.5B in revenue while ensuring full stadia, high service levels for key clients, and broad public access to tickets. Additionally, this role will liaise between internal departments, external stakeholders, ticketing providers, and others to develop and implement ticketing strategy for the Games.
- Hire, train, motivate, and evaluate department staff
- Directly supervise multiple sub-functions including ticketing operations, key client services, sales and revenue management
- Develop and adhere to departmental budget with clear steps to implement, monitor, and appropriately measure plan deliverables
- Develop a clear growth plan for the department from present through Games time
- Develop a business plan for the ticketing function, including strategic vision, pricing, go-to-market strategy, client servicing, etc.
- Manage the development of a pricing strategy for over 12M tickets across almost 1000 sessions
- Support the ticketing technology solution including the identification, contract execution, and management of the Ticketing System Provider
- Drive the development of a secondary market strategy, including partner(s) identification and contract negotiations
- Ensure a robust, data-driven approach to ticketing
- Establish close working relationships with key functional areas (especially Venues & Infrastructure and Sport) to ensure the ticketing strategy maximizes revenue opportunities while supporting the overall Games strategy
- Work with the IOC and IPC to understand all requirements, get strategic buy-in, and expedite approval processes where necessary
- Closely align with the Hospitality FA to ensure ticketing is integrated with LA28’s hospitality partner to help maximize revenue
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 10-years of relevant industry experience, preferably with 5 years of leadership experience in the sport or live event industry
- Familiarity with the latest ticketing technology
- Experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders and proven success at building excellent working relationships
- Experience working with senior executives across multiple functional areas
- Excellent leadership skills with track record of people development and revenue achievement
- Extremely detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication, team building, and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed problem-solving skills and ability to work independently to resolve issues
- Fluent working with Office suite products including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Self-starter with experience in defining tasks, seeking feedback, and evolving work where applicable
- A collaborative mindset: someone who prioritizes the team and fosters a culture of high performance without ego
- An innovative viewpoint, challenging the status quo and thinking ahead to future years of the Movement
- Ability to implement and manage change effectively
The annual base salary range for this position is $175,000 – $222,000. The pay scale provided is the range that LA28 reasonably expects to pay as starting base compensation for this role. All LA28 compensation remains subject to final determination based on individual candidate qualifications, experience, or other reasonable criteria consistent with LA28’s operational business needs and applicable law.
LA28 is committed to operating fair and unbiased recruitment procedures allowing all applicants an equal opportunity for employment, free from discrimination on the basis of religion, race, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, color, ethnic or national origin, or any other classification as may be protected by applicable law. We strive to build a team that is diverse, inclusive and encourages qualified candidates of all backgrounds, perspectives, and identities to apply. We assess applications based on relevant skills, education, and experience a candidate can add to our team.