Head of Event Infrastructure – IOC
International Olympic Commitee
As the Head of Event Infrastructure, you will be actively involved in all aspects related to Venues/Event Infrastructure (Venue Development) inside the IOC and in relation with Olympic Games Organising Committees and other relevant organisations, for Olympic Games and Olympic Winter Games.
Under the leadership of the Associate Director, Venues & Event Delivery, and in the context of the wider implementation of the new “Event Delivery model / Event-centred approach” for the Olympic Games and Winter Olympic Games,
Actively and responsibly contribute to the IOC’s role to guide & support OCOGs’ and Delivery Partners in their mission to plan, deliver and operate Venue/Event Infrastructure for Competition Venues & Non-Competition Venues that:
- are safe & compliant with Codes & Standards (Infrastructure & Operations),
- are sustainable and deliver positive legacies,
- are delivered on time and on Budget,
- meet multiple Stakeholders functional & operational requirements,
- deliver the greatest Games Experience to all Stakeholders,
- support Revenue generations and commercial opportunities
- and in a context of necessary alignment between different Stakeholders’ & Delivery Partners’ objectives.
and more specifically:
Support and activate the end-to-end Venue strategy for educating and supporting OCOGs and Delivery Partners on Venue/Event Infrastructure matters.
- Serve as a main liaison for Organising Committees (OCOGs) and all relevant organisations in the area of Venue/Event Infrastructure (i.e Venue Development, including Look of the Games delivery in close and direct collaboration with the IOC Head of Engagement, and Signage);
- Act as an integrator between the relevant IOC Functional Areas and Stakeholder owners impacted in the review and update of relevant Venue-related IOC referential content;
- Work in very close collaboration and full alignment with the IOC Staff dealing with Event Operational Planning and Event Operations, and the IOC Venues & Event Delivery Programme Management office.
Manage the day-to-day relationships with OOCGs:
- Preparation, delivery and follow-up of Venues Reviews and Educational Workshops with/for OCOG (including production of agendas, follow-up reports, support & presentation materials, management of Issue & Risks Trackers,…);
- With the support of IOC FAs and Advisors, support and activate the Education & Support programmes for the OCOGs and Delivery Partners for all Venue-related topics;
- Collaborate with the pool of IOC Venues & Event Delivery Advisors in areas under his/her responsibility (including training/induction of Advisors and review & follow-up of their reports with OCOGs);
- Assist the IOC Games Delivery Office Team in the preparation, delivery and follow-up of all key interactions with OCOGs for Venue-related matters;
- Monitor the progress of Venue-related OCOG Functional Areas (Event Infrastructure / Venue Development, Look of the Games delivery, Signage, and the wider Event Delivery Teams for Venue-related matters) and escalate issues to the Associate Director, Venues & Event Delivery, and through various existing internal forums;
- Assess the need for setting up a dedicated forum or working group within the IOC and in relation with OCOGs to address Venue-related topics (either on a permanent or on an ad-hoc basis) and formulate proposals accordingly to the Associate Director, Venues & Event Delivery.
Fully support and actively contribute to the IOC’s and OCOG’s efforts around Optimisations to the delivery of the Olympic Games (incl. Venue Legacy, Event Sustainability, Planning process efficiencies, scope & design simplifications, financial savings, operational efficiencies, Stakeholders Experience,…) and maximise the return on investment for Games Organisers.
Intensively participate in the final stages of Games-time preparation (Temporary Infrastructure & Services delivery & readiness, Venue Operational Readiness programme, etc.) and follow-up Venue-related issues at Games time on behalf of the IOC.
Contribute to the development of Venue-related Reference Documents & Tools in the wider context of Event Delivery (Initial Briefing Workshops, Educational Workshops, Guides, Toolkits, Turnkey Solutions, Event Briefs, Optimisations, post-Games Transfer of Knowledge Reports, Learning Pathways,…) to guide and support Future Hosts and OCOGs on the overall end-to-end Venue strategy, in the context of the wider implementation of the new “Event Delivery model / Event-centred approach” for the Olympic Games and Winter Olympic Games.
- University degree or equivalent and at least 10 years of experience in the area of Major International Sporting Events, in Venue/Event Infrastructure planning, delivery and operations.
- Proven experience in the planning and operations of large-scale projects;
- Experience of the Olympic Games in a senior management role an asset;
- Fluent in English. French and Italian an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to travel extensively ;
- Keen sense of priorities to ensure efficient management of projects and deliverables; ability to multitask; assiduity in following up files;
- Proven ability to propose solution and substantiated information to facilitate decision-making;
- Proven discernment in decision-making;
- Sense of confidentiality and appropriate communication of information;
- Rigorous professional ethics; sense of initiative; ability to work in a dynamic environment and still respect deadlines;
- Attention to detail; rigorous and precise, and ability to resolve problems creatively;
- Good knowledge of Project Management tools and Project Planning methodology;
- Ability to take an active part in achieving common objectives through his/her engagement and ability to respect the contributions of all the members of a team;
- Ability to consider interpersonal differences as a source of added value and interact constructively with all kinds of people;
- Excellent command of the corporate tools and ability to follow the internal user rules (Outlook, etc.).
Apply back to Jobs listings
Sussex Cricket Hove, Sussex Competitive salary and reward package Sussex Cricket are looking to identify an exceptional individual who is excited by the opportunity to…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 1 day ago
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023