Senior Manager, Data Science – Milwaukee Brewers
By iSportconnect | September 5, 2016
Location: Milwaukee, US
Closing Date: 20th September
The Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club is seeking a Senior Manager – Data Science to build and develop the data science capabilities for the club’s Business Operations. The Senior Manager – Data Science will work closely with the Senior Director – Strategy & Analytics to research, develop and test mathematical, statistical, and predictive models to support all departments across Business Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
· Lead and develop the quantitative analysis practice for the Brewers’ Business Operations
· Research, develop, and test mathematical, statistical, and predictive models to support all departments across Business Operations (including but not limited to ticket sales, marketing, food & beverage, retail, and strategy)
· Work with software development team to design and build decision-support systems and tools
· Work with the Brewers’ IT department to manage all strategic aspects of data collection and housing, including the CRM and ticketing databases, providing recommendations to senior management on products and usage as well as helping lead all programming and dashboard development
· Partner with the Brewers’ IT department to assess all related data systems, processes, and capabilities in order to lead any changes necessary to optimize the club’s analytical approach
· Directly manage one full-time data analyst
· Communicate findings directly to senior management, providing strategic data-driven recommendations across the business
· Recommend sources and techniques for proprietary data collection and organization
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Expertise in mathematical and statistical programming (e.g., Python, R, Mathematica)
· Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
· Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau and MicroStrategy
· Creative thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience
· Demonstrated desire and ability to act as a leader and mentor to junior analysts
· Relevant work experience as well as proof of independent projects and studies strongly preferred
Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree (M. A.) or equivalent, with Ph.D. preferred, in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Econometrics, Computer Science (Machine Learning), or a related field; minimum of five years’ work experience in mathematical, statistical, and predictive modeling (optimization, statistics, and machine learning).
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have strong working experience in programming languages such as Python, R, and Mathematica; SQL and relational databases; visualization tools such as Tableau and MicroStrategy; individual should also have working knowledge of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
Other Skills and Abilities
Creative thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
How to Apply
Click to apply HERE