Senior Manager, Community Relations – Washington Nationals
By iSportconnect | September 5, 2016
Location: Washington, here USA
Closing Date: 30th September
The Washington Nationals are committed to enhancing the quality of life for citizens in the Washington, D.C. region. Our primary focus is on initiatives that honor military families, encourage youth participation in baseball and softball, and support K-12 education. The Senior Manager of Community Relations reports to the Vice President, Community Engagement and contributes to the organization’s community relations mission by focusing on programs related to K-12 education.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for creating, developing and managing all efforts related to the organization’s community relations mission, with a particular focus on the team’s education initiatives:
- STEM education
- Summer Reading
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Actively support the Vice President Community Engagement in managing relations with community partners and organizations, including development of materials and activities to sustain deeper relationships with participants in education programs mentioned above;
- Work with Vice President Community Engagement to increase outreach to government and civic groups and develop plans for long-term partnerships;
- Collaborate with Corporate Partnerships to implement cause-related marketing efforts for corporate partners;
- Serve as department lead for activation at team’s annual off-season festival
- Assist with planning and implementation of Nationals All-Star Game community outreach;
- Support Washington Nationals Dream Foundation activities;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Community Engagement and/or Senior Director of Community Relations.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of five years’ experience in community programs and/or corporate philanthropy;
- Minimum of a four-year Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Sports Management or other closely related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Previous experience working in educational settings and with education based community organizations with a focus on coalition building;
- Broad knowledge of community programs, organizations and methods involved in developing community relations programs.
- Proven ability to manage effective, measurable outreach programs.
- High character; ability to exercise discretion with confidential matters;
- Strong presentation skills (written and verbal);
- Strong organizational and management skills;
- Confidence in making sound business decisions and outlining next steps;
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge of sports business and Major League Baseball.
Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply