Senior Events Manager – International Olympic Committee
By iSportconnect | August 11, 2016
Location Lausanne, view Switzerland
Closing Date: 21st August 2016
Manage and coach a team of events managers/coordinators.
– Plan, doctor manage and supervise the IOC institutional projects, cialis such as IOC Sessions with host city elections, IOC Executive Board meetings and other local and international IOC events, in close cooperation with all IOC departments, stakeholders and suppliers involved, including the Local Organising Committees.
– Participate in cross-functional steering committee/coordination meetings, defining the exact scope of the required event service levels, and advocating for the IOC Events Unit’s deliverables and interests.
– Develop, produce and deliver projects from the bid process/first proposal right up to the staging of the event.
– Set, communicate and maintain timelines and priorities for every topic within a project.
– Develop and maintain client relationships to ascertain and monitor their precise requirements and evolution of needs.
– Negotiate event venues and hotel contracts.
– Manage supplier relationships.
– Establish and monitor the budget of all events under his/her direct responsibility or the responsibility of his/her team members.
– Manage administrative tasks and project-related correspondence.
– Ensure that the IOC’s interests, especially in the areas of reputation and brand protection, are properly represented and preserved.
– Provide top-quality customer service and state-of-the-art event operations. – Collect and consolidate post-event financial aspects, statistics and recommendations.
– Provide an optimum professional and personal contribution to the IOC Hospitality, Events & Logistics team. Education; language and IT competences – Higher international hospitality industry education or equivalent, and proven solid experience in the field of international events and project management.
– Excellent knowledge of English and French (preferably bilingual), with other languages being an asset.
– Excellent knowledge and command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, event-related IT solutions, Outlook and the internet.
Office of the Director General Function : Senior Events Manager Mission
– Manage IOC institutional projects such as the IOC Session meetings with host city elections, IOC Executive Board meetings and other local and international events.
– Put in place and manage a team of professionals who are able to deliver proven top-quality services, and monitor external service providers.
– Offer top-quality hospitality, events management and related services, taking into account international criteria, service levels and their evolution in line with the IOC strategy. Each employee is responsible for the smooth running of his or her section and for keeping his or her competences up to date in line with the IOC’s training policy.
In addition, each employee may be asked to take on responsibilities other than those required by the job if particular circumstances so require.
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply