Senior Director, Media Relations – Sacramento Kings
By iSportconnect | September 12, 2016
Location: Sacramento, USA
Closing Date: 1st October
Summary: The primary responsibility of the Senior Director of Media Relations is to develop and direct strategic, proactive communications efforts related to Sacramento Kings basketball communications. The position will oversee basketball media relations staff and will report to the Vice President of Communications.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- – At the direction of the VP of Communications, develop and oversee implementation of integrated and proactive strategic communications plans related to basketball communications.
- – Represent the Sacramento Kings to the media and community by acting as a spokesperson for related basketball issues.
- – Develop relationships with media representatives to create opportunities that elevate the profile of the team.
- – Develop messaging and briefing materials for use by staff, coaches and players at public speaking engagements and media interviews. Prep and staff media interviews for staff, coaches and players.
- – Supervise basketball communications media relations team consisting of Director and Manager, including leading long and short-term strategic planning, game-night media responsibilities and team member growth.
- – Work collaboratively with departments across the organization to determine and implement media relations support.
- – Ability to travel with the team.
- – Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or communications
- – 8-10 years’ experience in public/media relations
- – Previous work in the media or sports industry preferred, but not required
- – Exceptional editing skills, writing and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- – History of leading basketball-related communications based on strategic, measurable objectives
- – Demonstrated ability to effectively oversee and manage a team responsible for media relations
- – Broad knowledge and experience dealing with integrated communications initiativ
- – Proven experience successfully managing rapid response communications efforts
- – Possess strong relationships with local, regional and national media
- – Ability to manage and set goals for direct reports
- – Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels within the team, NBA, media and other high level outside contacts
- – Strong presentation skills (written and verbal)
- – Strong organizational and leadership skills
Other Skills and Abilities
- – Service oriented; committed to teamwork and catering to customers
- – Results oriented; ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- – Strong communication, prioritization and organization skills
- – Detail oriented, organized, flexible, accurate
- – Excellent problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities
- – Computer skills – MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe experience
- – Available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- How to Apply
- Click to apply HERE