Senior Communications Manager, Wembley, FAC & FRA -The FA
By iSportconnect | August 15, 2016
Location: London, viagra UK
Closing Date: 14th September 2016
This role is responsible for the creation, management and oversight of a proactive communications strategy for Wembley Stadium and The FA Cup. The role requires high levels of engagement with the media, particularly regionally and locally across Brent/Greater London. The role requires oversight of a rolling events press office support calendar. The role requires strong stakeholder management skills, linked closely to event owners and Wembley stakeholders as well as FA Cup participating club relationships. Supporting partnership activation is a key facet of the role. Based at Wembley, this role carries senior spokesperson responsibility for all Wembley Stadium and FA Cup matters. The role jointly supports the creation, management and execution of FA Regulation and Governance matters as necessary in conjunction with the Communications Manager.
- – Devise a communications strategy to compliment and support Wembley Stadium’s business objectives.
- – Communicate stadium news and announcements; acting as key contact for event owner press offices including NFL, Football League, UEFA, concert promoters regarding stadium event announcements, event day messaging and communications.
- – Take ownership of stadium news and announcements.
- – Oversee stadium events and visits for event owners, media, stakeholders, charities and other influencers. Host non-commercial filming at the stadium.
- – Respond effectively to stadium issues including maintenance work, pitch condition, security, customer and fan behaviour, events day issues, scheduling.
- – Field media enquiries on all FA Group matters including wider FA football and business issues, escalating where necessary.
- – To be responsible for the creation of media strategies to highlight The FA Cup through a bespoke rolling Communications Plan to cover the entire competition, including a national, regional and local media engagement programme to support The FA’s marquee competition.
- – To ensure media coverage and understanding of all other FA competitions – including, but not limited to Community Shield, FA Vase, FA Trophy, Sunday Cup etc.
- – To be responsible for the promotion of the FA Cup Semi-Finals and Final including media days at Clubs and bespoke media activity including reactionary media lines to protect the reputation of The FA Cup, The FA and Wembley Stadium
- – To manage all sponsorship and broadcast PR activity for FA competitions (i.e. Budweiser, BBC, BT Sport etc.).
- – Support marketing with the promotion of stadium commercial business where appropriate.
- – To jointly execute the Regulation and Administration communications strategy.
- – Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
Skills & Experience Required
- – Proven ability in spokesperson role
- – Excellent media contacts book – at senior level
- – Experience of dealing with national and international media
- – Experience of co-ordinating and managing PR campaigns
- – Experience of managing senior executives and talent (i.e. artists, players etc.)
- – Experience of managing and operating within a multiple stakeholder environment
- – Flexible approach to working hours
- – Excellent verbal and non-verbal communications skills
- – Excellent writing skills
- – Relevant specialism (e.g. Communications) experience or PR/Media qualification/degree
- – CIPR Membership (or equivalent)
- – Excellent knowledge of football and its structures at all levels
- – Understanding of social networking and other promotional new media platforms
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply