National Events Manager – USA Diving
By iSportconnect | September 9, 2016
Location: Indianapolis, medic USA
Closing Date: 30th September
USA Diving, impotent recognized by the USOC as the national governing body for Diving in the U.S., seeks a National Events Manager. The National Events Manager is charged to oversee all logistics and operations for USA Diving events and serve as primary resource for USA Diving membership in regard to event management for sanctioned events.
Key responsibilities include:
– Build yearly events calendar by determining dates and locations and working with contacts to establish Regional, Zone and National Championship sites and hosts.
– Serve on committee to select hosts for Zone and meets
– Draft National level event contracts and oversee revision and execution process.
– Collect agreement forms from Region and Zone hosts.
– Oversee, manage and update the budget for all USA Diving events.
– Act as the liaison to third party timing and scoring partners for event set-up, requirements and registration.
– Plan and oversee applicable ancillary events at National and International meets
– Schedule, plan and conduct championship meetings at all National events
– Work with the national judges’ coordinator on scheduling all necessary judges for meets
– Serve as primary contact for Meet Directors for 12 Region and 6 Zone Meets
– Prepare, distribute and collect meet information sheets to/from meet directors
– Send approximately three emails to meet directors over course of planning process containing pertinent documents and information; Send replacement divers e-mail to meet directors post event
– Ensure each meet director has medals
– Maintain and develop relationships with local/state government agencies as well as convention bureau representatives to ensure effective execution of USA Diving events.
– A bachelor’s degree in event or sports management or relatable degree
– 3-5 years planning, implementing and managing large scale events
– Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and manage a diving meet
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills including high level attention to detail, together with developed networking, negotiation and consultation skills.
– Demonstrated leadership, influencing, and communication skills across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
– Analytical and decision making skills – able to identify problems and develop solutions.
– High competency level of MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
– Demonstrated commitment, drive and initiative in identifying ideas and translating them into plans to achieve event and USA Diving organizational goals
– Demonstrated capacity for making evidence based decisions based on strong application of consultation with key stakeholders
How to Apply
Click HERE to apply