McCourt ‘Going Nowhere’, May Sue MLB for Dodgers Takeover
April 28, 2011
Major League Baseball’s (MLB) Los Angeles Dodgers owner Frank McCourt said he’s “not going anywhere” after the league took over operations of the team and held up a long- term TV deal with News Corp. (NWSA)’s Fox Sports.
After MLB Commissioner Bud Selig ordered the takeover last week, McCourt said yesterday, April 27, that he is weighing whether to sue over the takeover, at a news conference in New York.
McCourt stated: “Nobody handed the Dodgers to me and nobody’s going to take them away. I’m not going anywhere. This is a team that I love, a community that I love. These are my hard-earned dollars that I put into this franchise.”
The MLB said in a statement that Selig ‘won’t make a decision until a probe into the team’s finances is complete’, though McCourt was told by baseball officials yesterday, April 27, that he hasn’t ruled out the proposed deal with Fox.
The league said: “Mr. McCourt is well aware of the basis of baseball’s investigation and has been provided an eight-page document describing the issues of concern to Major League Baseball“.