Founded in 1917, the National Hockey League (NHL®) is the premier professional ice hockey league in the world, and is one of the major professional sports leagues in the United States and Canada. With more than 600 employees across offices in New York, Toronto and Montreal, the NHL is a global sports and entertainment organization committed to building healthy and vibrant communities using the sport of hockey to celebrate fans of every race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status. At the NHL, we are looking for dynamic, energetic and impactful individuals who are committed to doing the same by sharing in our philosophy that Hockey is for Everyone – and inclusion belongs on the ice, in the locker rooms, boardrooms and stands.
Benefits to working at National Hockey League include:
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision insurance effective on the date of hire
- 401(K) Plan and Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Annual Bonus
- Generous PTO policy
- Commuter Benefit Program
- Paid Company Holidays
Reporting to the VP of Multicultural Engagement and Integration, you will be responsible for the management and execution of multicultural marketing strategy across SGL business units.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Assists VP of Multicultural Marketing on the development of various content ideas and publishing partnerships to attract multicultural hockey fans
- Strategize and glean insights from data to make recommendations that inform future marketing initiatives to drive year over year growth of the multicultural fanbase
- Development of key cultural SGL campaigns through stewardship of creative/digital assets including digital banners, home page takeover, slot virtual, video boards, monthly initiative emails, video assets (TV spots, pre-roll, billboards), program copy (PA/radio scripts, native ad copy, ticker copy), as well as updating initiative websites as needed.
- Collaborate with Project Manager along with NHL Studios, Social team, Creative studio, and outside departments to gather creative asset specs for amplification and syndication of multicultural marketing campaigns
- Build and enhance relationships with national broadcasters in US (ESPN & Turner) and Canada (Sportsnet) with an eye towards collaborating on and extending SGL programs through our national broadcast partners
- Support VP in selection and management of creative agency and external SGL collaborators
- Track and manage invoices and content development costs of key cultural SGL campaigns
- Minimum of 7-9 years experience in project management for an in-house creative team or agency, sports league or entertainment company
- Deep interest in culture and a pulse on worldwide events and trends
- Proven track record for developing and executing long-term strategic plans, versed in analytics and consumer insights
- Executive presence and presentation skills are important, and the successful candidate must be an effective communicator at all levels of organizations
- Versed in providing marketing solutions and content development ideas that reach multicultural audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Communicates Effectively
- Optimizes Work Processes
- Detail Oriented
- Financial Acumen
- Problem Solving
- Drives Quality Results
- Effective Collaborator
- Manages Complexity
Salary Ranges for this role is: $115K to $140K
When applying, please be sure to include a cover letter with your salary expectations for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. NO EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.