As part of a strategic partnership between IMG and The R&A, this role will be embedded within The R&A’s management structure.
Employed by Seven League, IMG’s digital arm, your primary client will be the R&A and you will be a core member of the R&A’s commercial team. You will also be a part of Seven League’s wider team, growing your expertise as a digital practitioner in the sports industry.
The R&A is a leading body within the world of golf and engages and supports activities to ensure it is a thriving sport for all on a global scale.
Its responsibilities include governing the Rules of Golf, staging The Open, golf’s original championship, and developing the sport. Each year, the R&A also stages the AIG Women’s Open and works with the DP World Tour to stage the Senior Open presented by Rolex.
We are seeking a Content Executive to support the planning and production of engaging content for the official channels of The Open and AIG Women’s Open.
As Content Executive for The R&A, you will join the existing Content Team at The R&A to help deliver exciting and compelling content through our owned and operated channels including website, app, social media & The One Club.
The successful candidate will bring an enthusiasm and proactive approach that is required to create engaging content, celebrating the greatest stories of The R&A’s professional Championships and supporting the Commercial department’s wider aims in delivering growth across core revenue streams.
livering growth across core revenue streams.
Key Responsibilities And Accountabilities
- Production and publication of engaging editorial content for The Open and AIG Women’s Open official channels
- Support of the wider content team in the production of assets including video, audio & social campaigns
- Idea generation focused on high-quality storytelling that enhances the brands of The Open and AIG Women’s Open.
- Website hygiene, including liaising with other departments of The R&A to ensure their respective areas – e.g. Ticketing, Spectator Advice, Travel – are kept up to date.
- Keeping TheOpen.com and AIGWO the place to go for information and content relating to previous and future Championships
- Ensuring metadata and SEO is optimised to drive conversion
- Supporting on the ideation and implementation of app content and experiences
- Supporting on content plans and workflow management
- You may also be required to carry out any other duties which are within the scope and purpose of the job.
Knowledge And Experience
- Strong knowledge of professional golf and a readiness to quickly become an expert in The Open and AIG Women’s Open
- Experience of producing high-quality editorial for at least one recognised publication/website.
- Relevant education and work experience
- Good understanding of SEO
- Working knowledge of planning tools eg. Trello or Monday.com
- Experience of different CMS platforms.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop
- Working knowledge of audio and video editing tools
- Strong knowledge of social media landscape and trends
Skills And Abilities
- Engaging copywriting while maintaining high standards of accuracy.
- The ability to tailor your writing to various styles – e.g. long-form features, news updates, SEO articles, etc
- Strong organisational skills, with an ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Enthusiastic and proactive attitude
- This is a permanent position.
- Please note this role will be based at either our St Andrews, Scotland office or our London offices located in Islington or Chiswick.
- Working hours are 9:00 – 18:00, Monday to Friday, with some flexibility on remote working as appropriate
- May be required to attend (and travel to) locations, including other IMG buildings and meetings
- Unsocial hours may be required, as dictated by the demands of the business schedule
- Adapting to use of new systems and technology where appropriate
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.