This exciting role in the ECB Events Department will lead on the operational delivery of The Hundred.
The successful candidate will work closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders to deliver the highest possible standards in tournament operations.
The role forms part of the Events Department leadership group and The Hundred Steering Group.
WHO WE ARE
The England and Wales Cricket Board is the national governing body for all cricket in England and Wales, supporting the game at every level – from grassroots to professional.
We believe cricket is a force for good that can have an enduring impact on everyone’s lives and we have an ambitious strategy to inspire a generation to say ‘cricket is a game for me’. It provides great entertainment. It teaches important skills, both physical and social. It can help inclusion and social cohesion, bringing communities together.
The ECB welcomes applications from all backgrounds to ensure we deliver our Inspiring Generations strategy and fulfil our purpose to connect communities and improve lives through cricket.
- Stronger As One Team – We are stronger together. We allow for individual strengths and beliefs but head in the same direction. We respect, support and really listen to each other along the way.
- Push New Boundaries – We are bold, brave and curious. We challenge and don’t settle. We forge the future whilst remembering our roots.
- Be The Best In The Game – On & Off The Pitch – We train hard. We strive to be our best to help the team be the best. We celebrate our victories and learn from our let downs.
- Passion For Play – We are here to inspire & be inspired. We are serious about what we do, but don’t take ourselves seriously. We enjoy the journey and have fun.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You have a passion for world class sports events delivery.
- You have a strong team ethic and can collaborate positively with multiple stakeholders.
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment across multiple sites throughout the cricket season.
- You enjoy implementing operational plans as well as managing a team to do the same across a complex summer of sport.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Leading the event delivery of The Hundred.
- Working as part of the Events Department leadership team to manage the day to day operations of the team including all its outputs and people as we deliver both our annual portfolio of events but also building towards future global events in collaboration with ICC.
- Leading venue planning with the x8 host venues of the competition.
- Working with men’s and women’s teams on all team operations elements of the competition.
- Managing the ticketing operations, logistics and player workstreams of the competition.
- Collaborating with the other functions of the Events Department to deliver an integrated operations plan for the competition.
- Align with planning and strategy teams to create a detailed and robust event plan with clear deadlines.
- Managing key agencies and suppliers to deliver the competition.
- Working with event production and venue management workstreams to ensure consistent, world class delivery across the entire competition.
- Working in collaboration with the Head of Event Planning & Services to develop roles and responsibilities across the team to ensure clear strategy and purpose for each member of the team.
- Working with other departments in The Hundred, including but not limited to commercial partners, marketing, finance, communications & digital to create the entire product and translate that to operational delivery across multiple venues.
- Managing appropriate budgets and working with Events and Finance team colleagues on short and long term financial planning.
- Leading stakeholder engagement for all operational planning elements of the competition.
- Proven leadership of event delivery for events similar in stature and scope to The Hundred.
- Excellent people skills.
- An exceptional ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, internal and external.
- A strong eye for detail and the ability to compile and present plans.
- A growth mindset.
- A proven ability to manage agencies and other third party suppliers and contractors and event budgets.
- A collaborative working approach and an appetite to deliver world class cricket.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life assurance
- Free on-site gym
- Subsidised canteen
- 30% discount on New Balance items