At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets us apart from the competition. Our people are as committed to the success of the company as the players are to winning trophies. We offer a unique and exciting working environment, excellent training, with recognition and rewards for the part each individual plays. Sounding good so far?
The Insights and Analytics Manager will collaborate with the commercial, marketing, and operations teams across all Venue products. The role will directly support the Commercial Director, Venue and e-Commerce, and Head of Ticketing and Membership. Responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reporting, data analysis and market research.The ideal candidate will have excellent data visualisation and storytelling skills and be enthusiastic about sharing their insights.
- To analyse data and produce insights and recommendations for business objectives and decision-making.
- To work with data related to General Admission (GA) Ticketing, Hospitality, Memberships, Museum & Tours, Food & Beverage (F&B), fan feedback, digital media and marketing.
- To design and maintain standard reports, and create detailed analysis to evaluate the success of initiatives and help identify areas of improvement.
- To build and maintain suite of business intelligence dashboards and reports out of data warehouse and CRM and oversee their implementation and adoption across Venue.
- To create compelling and aesthetically pleasing data visualisations.
- Extract and transform data from data warehouse, CRM and third-party data tools as needed.
- To assist with Pricing Analytics and Revenue Forecasting
- To assist with market research related to General Admission (GA) Ticketing, Hospitality, Memberships, Museum & Tours, Food & Beverage (F&B), fan feedback, digital media and marketing.
- To gather and present data for annual recaps and performance; measure ROI.
- To identify key insights from large data sets and develop presentations to communicate those analytical findings (trends, etc). powerfully.
- Identify and present on industry and organisational trends.
- To perform analysis to evaluate the success of initiatives and help identify future areas of improvement.
- Bring new ideas and thinking to the organisation.
- A degree in data science, business analytics or related and appropriate field
- Previous experience working in business intelligence role or as an analyst
- Understanding of or experience with professional sports teams, events or entertainment business or similar entities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint
- Experience in working with Tableau/Power BI and/or other data visualisation tools – Desirable
- Strong initiative and willingness
- Highly organised, detail-oriented
- Ability to think analytically and creatively
- Adaptability to environment involving several simultaneous projects – multitasking
- Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to understand and solve tasks with little supervision
- Experience with CRM platforms a plus
Manchester United endeavour to respond to all job applications, however, please consider that we receive a high volume of applications, and this may not always possible.