Manager, Professional Coaching Services – Coaching Association of Canada
By iSportconnect | September 9, 2016
Location: Ottawa, viagra Canada
Closing Date: 20th September
The Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) unites stakeholders and partners in its commitment to raising the skills and stature of coaches, order and ultimately expanding their reach and influence. Through its programs, the CAC empowers coaches with knowledge and skills, promotes ethics, fosters positive attitudes, builds competence, and increases the credibility and recognition of coaches.
CAC grants the official designation of Chartered Professional Coach (ChPC) and the status of Registered Coach to professionals in the field of coaching in Canada. The CAC provides multiple services to coaches and promotes the integral leadership role coaches play in the success and effectiveness of sport programs and athlete development in Canada. The designation establishes a standard for coaching which is defined by a commitment to education and certification, and a commitment to adhere to an ethical standard to protect the profession and the public.
CAC is seeking a Manager to lead enhanced services to these coaches in collaboration with coach employers (including but not limited to National/Provincial Sport Organizations and Universities/Colleges, Clubs) to support the creation of the best working environment for coaches.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Reporting to the COO, the Manager will:
- – Lead the design and delivery of value-added services to members – including the identification of new offerings and relationship management with vendors;
- – Collaborate with the Canadian Sport System to ensure meaningful support in the coach working environment;
- – Further the aims of the Responsible Coaching Movement;
- – Create programs, tools and practices that support the Canadian sport system manage risk within their coaching framework;
- – Provide sound guidance to members and CAC sport partners to support their development and management of challenging situations as well as to ensure the adherence to the code of conduct;
- – Collaborate with the other members of the CAC team to enable them in promoting and implementing professional coaching practices within their targeted sports.
- – An undergraduate degree in sports science, education, or administration;
- – 5-10 years experience as a professional coach (either volunteer or paid); or 5-7 years experience in administering professional services within a regulated profession as well as coaching experience;
- – Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System;
- – Excellent communication and facilitation skills;
- – Proven teamwork and problem-solving skills;
- – The ability to communicate effectively in both French and English is an strong asset;
- – Experience with program development; promotions; and stakeholder management;
- – Knowledge of sound risk management practices/processes.
- How to Apply
- Click to apply HERE