Event Presentation Manager – England & Wales Cricket Board
By iSportconnect | August 22, 2016
The Event Presentation Manager (EPM) will report into the Head of Events of the ICC Champions Trophy and Women’s World Cup. The EPM will have both internal and external facing responsibilities, and be responsible for the successful delivery of the Match Day Event Presentation and Sponsor ActivationManagement of 4 venues at the ICC Champions Trophy (CT) followed by the ICCWomen’s World Cup (WWC) in 2017.
Role Context / Organisation Structure
The England & Wales Cricket Board is hosting the ICC ChampionsTrophy and the Women’s World Cup in June and July of 2017.
The ICC CT 2017 is an elite 50 over cricket event for the top eight one day international nations in the MRF ICC ODI Rankings. The tournament has been staged previously in Bangladesh (1998), Kenya (2000), Sri Lanka (2002),England (2004), India (2006), South Africa (2009) and England (2013).
The ICC Women’s World Cup 2017 is the pinnacle of the Women’s 50 over game and will have the top eight one day international nations, as reflected in the MRF ICC ODI rankings, competing to lift the coveted World Cup on 23 July2017 at Lord’s cricket ground in London.
Both events are a great opportunity to showcase cricket at its absolute best and a fantastic opportunity for the England & Wales Cricket Board to put on an amazing event on behalf of the ICC. It’s a really exciting time to beinvolved in the sport of cricket and a great opportunity for the right person to build on their skills in international events.
The CT fixtures will be played at The Oval in London, Edgbaston inBirmingham and Cardiff in South Wales. The WWC will be played at Bristol,Somerset, Leicester and Derby with the Final at Lord’s in London.
Key Working Relationships
The individual will need to develop and maintain exceptional relationships with ICC, ECB (in particular the Events team), Venues, the appointed Match Day Event Presentation and Sponsor Activation Management Agency,Venue stakeholders and third party suppliers (appointed replay screen provider- including in venue camera operators, appointed sound provider and showcaller, PA Announcers, Host Broadcaster, the Head of Venues, the VenuesManager, Head of Security, Head of Marketing and Communications, TicketingManager and others in the LOC.
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
· Support the Head of Events in the successful delivery of the Match DayEvent Presentation and Sponsor Activation Management.
· Work closely with Head of Events to develop the overall look and feel of the fans’ match day experience, in bowl, concourse and food villages.
· Build exceptional relationships with venue staff, officials and stakeholders to deliver match day requirements.
· Support Head of Events in working closely with ICC Commercial team andICC Partner Servicing team to ensure ICC sponsor requirements are delivered.
· Assist Head of Events to deliver Tournament Opening and Closing ceremonies
· Assist Head of Events to deliver external events surrounding the tournaments such as Welcome Ceremonies for Teams and Match Officials, FanParks, launch events and dinners
· Attend and run (where required) regular venue meetings.
· Effectively manage budget tracker for all event delivery spend.