Coronavirus Advice On FAQs From ATPI
By Community | March 5, 2020
How has the ATPI Group been impacted by Coronavirus and what measures have you put in place to manage it?
- As a global travel company ATPI is committed to the health and safety of our clients and staff. We are closely monitoring the situation via both the World Health Organisation and local government and health authorities.
- As part of our commitment to delivering a comprehensive service clients can, via their account manager, sign up to receive ATPI Alerts™ , providing live updates on the current status of Coronavirus to ensure the information they have is accurate.
- We continue to offer clients robust duty of care support to ensure traveller safety remains a priority.
What advice are you offering to clients who are concerned about the risks presented by travelling?
- We are committed to the health and safety of our clients and staff.
- We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are aware that the World Health Organisation (WHO) has issued advice for those affected or who might be affected. In all instances we advise clients to refer to the WHO and their local government websites for the latest advice and status on the situation.
- For the latest updates on the situation clients can opt to sign up to ATPI Alerts™ via their account manager.
If I need to contact ATPI to make urgent changes or cancel my reservation due to the evolving COVID-19 situation, what do I do?
- Call your company’s ATPI operations team by using the number shown at the top of your itinerary.
- You can find your most local ATPI office here.
What do I do if I begin to feel unwell or show symptoms of COVID-19 whilst travelling?
- It has been suggested by the WHO that those who feel unwell and suspect COVID-19 as a cause should self-isolate as much as possible.
- Check authorities such as the WHO and local governing bodies for official recommendations and guidelines
- If you feel unwell prior to travel then it is advisable that you do not go ahead with your trip. If you need to change your travel plans as a result of this then please call your ATPI servicing team. You can find the contact details of your local ATPI office here.
Will my travel be refunded?
- This will depend on a number of factors and can change at any time.
- If the airline has cancelled your flight(s), then they will refund you.
- If your company has advised you not to travel, and you cancel your travel, please inform ATPI as quickly as possible in order to avoid no-show charges by the airline. In general, the rules of the ticket issued will apply. ATPI will inform you if your ticket is refundable, non-refundable, or has cancellation charges associated.
- Some airlines are allowing travellers to re-book or cancel flights free of charge due to COVID-19, but this is a constant changing picture.
- Please ensure you sign up to ATPI Alerts™ via your account manager for the latest updates on all airlines and measures they are taking.
How can I decide if it is safe to travel?
- Follow communications your company is issuing regarding this topic and associated travel policy amendments. Furthermore, there is a wealth of information available, and we suggest you refer to any of the following:
- Ensure you are registered with ATPI Alerts™ , and monitor these regularly for the latest updates.
- Visit Official Travel Advisories issued by the government of the country you reside in.
- Visit the WHO “World Health Organisation” website which monitors the situation 24/7.
- Check the public pages on International SOS website.
I’m a travel booker, how can I check where all my travellers are currently, and what future travel they have planned?
- Talk to the person in charge of travel for your company about what the process is for tracking travellers. ATPI also offer a range of duty of care services, including the ATPI Traveller Tracking System™ (TTS), for a fee, which allows you to run reports for any given date range on who is currently travelling to certain destinations, as well as where people are planning to travel. Get in touch with your ATPI account manager for more information.