Chairperson – British Equestrian Federation
By iSportconnect | September 15, 2016
Location: Warwickshire, symptoms UK
Closing Date: 30th September
The Chairman of the Board is elected by the Council to act as chair of and to lead the British Equestrian Federation (BEF) board, hospital in a nonexecutive capacity, and specifically to assist in the governance of the Federation and to represent the federation in meetings of the FEI.
– Ensure good governance, monitor performance and develop a supportive relationship with the Executive team.
– Exercise accountability to key partners
– Act as a strong advocate for the work of the British Equestrian Federation, including working to ensure effective communications with member bodies, key partners and stakeholders (including Government, UK Sport, the home country sports councils) both in the UK and internationally
– Attend Board meetings, committees, quarterly meetings and Council meetings as appropriate
– The development of strategy, policy and budgets
– Accountability for delivery of agreed strategy, policy and targets
– Liaise with and promote the policy to the relevant Member Body Chairmen
– Representing the interests of the Council, stakeholders and executive
– Representing the Federation to the FEI as the “BEF President”, in particular covering: o Promoting GBs best interests and building GBs influential representation within the FEI o Bidding and securing major events for GB
– Acting as the Chief Executive’s line manager
– Forming with the Director (Commercial Affairs) a remuneration committee
The Chairman is responsible for governance, strategic direction and policy matters, the executive will be responsible for supporting the process of developing strategy, preparing budgets and for implementing strategy once it is agreed. 5. Integrity and Standards All directors are expected to meet the highest standards of integrity and to adhere to the Seven Principles of Public Life. A fit and proper purpose assessment will be performed on all directors as part of the recruitment process. This will include a self declaration covering bankruptcy, a DBS check and convictions and identity check. A copy of proof of identity will be retained.
How to Apply
Click to apply HERE