Assistant Manager / Manager, Partner Ad Operations – MLB
By iSportconnect | August 10, 2016
Location: New York, US
Closing Date: 29th August 2016
MLB.com is seeking a seasoned, smart, and self-motivated individual to join our advertising operations team. The Ad Operations team at MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) is primarily tasked with trafficking MLB and Partner Solutions direct-sold display and video campaigns across desktop, app, mobile web, and OTT devices. MLB products include, the official Major League Baseball website, MLB.com, each of the 30 baseball Club sites, Minor League Baseball sites and MLB.com’s apps including At Bat, Ballpark, and MiLB’s First Pitch.
Candidates should have a minimum of 2-3 years prior experiencing managing a trafficking team of varying levels of experience, and demonstrate the ability to develop and enhance new skill sets within a team. Alternatively, senior-level traffickers that have interest in managing a team with multiple years of experience are encouraged to inquire.
A candidate should expect to work on a diverse range of Web sites and apps operated by MLBAM, including high profiles properties such as the National Hockey League web, app, and video products, PGA TOUR LIVE streaming broadcast app, desktop, and OTT products, the cross-platform 120Sports.com (a live-streaming sports talk and opinion app), Glenn Beck’s TheBlaze.com, as well as regional sports networks including YESNetwork.com, and SNY.tv. New products are routinely launched, and candidates should also expect to become familiar with baseball products noted above.
This is a hybrid trafficking and people management role currently with 2-3 direct reports. Working with sales and campaign coordinators, the Manager (or Assistant Manager), Partner Ad Operations is responsible for day-to-day management of the ad trafficking workflow. This includes, but is not limited to, insuring that all sales/sponsorship/internal promotion campaigns are accurately trafficked and QA-approved, and launch on schedule for all covered properties. Great communication skills are a necessity as is the ability to work efficiently within an internal team, and across various business groups. A positive, collaborative approach is a must!
This position requires a diverse ad operations skill set. The successful candidate will demonstrate an advanced understanding of ad trafficking and troubleshooting knowledge with the ability to implement and manage complex, multi-dimensional display and video advertising campaigns.
Desired Skills and Experience include:
- – Advanced knowledge and clearly demonstrable experience with Google DFP and FreeWheel (MRM)
- – Candidates familiar with HTTP Linear Streaming (HLS) concepts and implementations will be given higher consideration
- – Adobe Primetime (Auditude) and Opera (AdMarvel) experience are desirable
- – MLB.com utilizes the Wide Orbit Digital Hub order management system – familiarity with WODH, Operative.One, DSM, – – FatTail or similar order management system is preferred
- – Must have a flexible, personable attitude – the job requires constant information sharing across departments;professional relationships with all level of personnel are necessary
- – Proven ability to accommodate evolving responsibilities and last minute changes
- – Flexible schedule: the job requires weekend and evening coverage schedules
- – 3rd party ad tag implementation and troubleshooting for mobile Web, APP, desktop, and video – DFA, PointRoll, Celtra, – MediaMind, and many, many more.
- – Demonstrable knowledge of VAST and VPAID video tags
- – Debugging and HTML proxy tools including Charles, Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools
- – Flexible schedule: available weekends and late nights occasionally throughout the year, as needed.
- How to Apply
- Click to apply HERE