Assistant Director, Guest Services – MetLife Stadium
By iSportconnect | August 16, 2016
Location: New Jersey, viagra 40mg US
Closing Date: 31st August
Manage, remedy recruit, schedule, coordinate, train and deploy Guest Services staff for all events at facility; Create and implement programs for both internal and external guests; Communicate directly with guests, two NFL teams as well as third party clients to implement the role of the guest services department for the particular game or event.
– Assist with the supervision of 600-650 employees, Event Supervisors, Ticket Takers, Ushers and Guest Services representatives.
– Directly manage two full-time department staff. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing guest and team member complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- – Responsible for helping keep the building clean, well maintained and providing our guests with the best possible entertainment experience
- – Responsible for providing high level of customer service to both NFL teams, maintaining absolute neutrality on all team issues and protecting confidentiality of each teams’ information
- – Communicates effectively (oral and in writing) in response to guest comments/suggestions/ complaints as well as with senior management, ownership and other stakeholders
- – Create, plan, execute and facilitate Guest Services training programs including orientation for new employees and veterans, policies and procedures, supervisor/lead training, customer service training, job-specific training and department-specific training
- – Oversee the day-to-day administrative operations of the Guest Services Department
- – Act as point of contact with the Human Resources and Payroll departments to keep staffing numbers at the appropriate level throughout the season
- – Monitor employee relations in department with assistance of Human Resources department, counsel staff on work issues, disciplinary actions, problems, policies and procedures. Serves as liaison between staff and management.
- – Oversee the implementation of incentive programs to build enthusiasm and reward employees for work accomplishments • Research and track events to forecast deployment of event staffing needs
- – Produce and disseminate event information and reports to event supervisors
- – Produce supporting documents for events in the form of event advisories, gate messaging and in-stadium signage
- – Authorization and verification of scheduled work hours
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee should also have the following qualifications:
– Experience/Education: Bachelors Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in communications, public relations or related field required. 4-5 years related management experience with Customer Service skills in a public facility; such as a stadium, hospital, hospitality, or entertainment venue.
– Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
– Adaptability- Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
– Analytical- Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
– Professionalism- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Builds a diverse workforce; Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values, policies and procedures; Maintains confidentiality.
– Business Acumen- Understands business implication of decisions; Demonstrates ability to act as liaison to community to meet needs; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Develops workable implementation plans; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
– Management Skills- Communicates changes effectively; Monitors transition and evaluates results; Delegates work assignments, matching responsibility to person; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages feedback.
– Communication Skills- Speaks clearly and persuasively; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information Able to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to tip management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
– Project Management- Develops project plans; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Completes plans on time and within budget; Communicates changes and progress; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
– Visionary Leadership- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Inspires respect and trust. Provides positive morale amongst subordinates and peers
– Other Skills and Abilities: Strong Customer-service skills and polished professional appearance and attitude at all times; Required knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of ABIMM, Aware Manager and ISS 24/7 strongly preferred. Strong training, communication, team member management and office skills are highly desired.
– Physical Qualifications: Ability to regularly stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle or feel, and climb stairs.
How to Apply
Click HERE to Apply