Video Editor – Houston Rockets
By iSportconnect | August 26, 2016
Location: Houston, unhealthy US
Closing Date: 13th September 2016
The Houston Rockets are seeking a seasoned bilingual video producer/editor (English & Mandarin) ready to work in a fast-paced, herbal | efficient production environment. The primary goal of this position is to create and translate original team coverage/content, sales into Mandarin and deliver it via streaming services, apps, and international social media platforms both quickly and systematically. This role will collaborate with the Digital Content Manager to establish the most productive workflow possible.
– Demonstrate our One Team philosophy of Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Teamwork.
– Work with Senior Producer to develop daily/weekly programming and execution strategy
– Work closely with marketing and production team dedicated to Chinese market to build compelling video content for Rockets fans worldwide.
- – Coordinating shooting/editing assignments on a daily basis
– Handle simultaneous projects and manage workflow
– Build a trustworthy relationship with Basketball Operations to maximize access and team coverage.
– Create videos from existing and new footage to target specific social media audiences.
– Edit daily Rockets content taken from practice, game footage, coach/player interviews and community events.
– Meet daily deadlines for delivering content for distribution.
– Brainstorm with marketing/production teams for consistently fresh/engaging content
– Help build/log/maintain digital video library
– Follow player/team storylines on a daily basis
– Use storytelling skills for both short and long format content
– Understand the history of the franchise, and historical content library
– Understand NBA basketball and game strategy
– Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- – Knowledge of Canon, Sony, RED, etc., cameras and their workflows
- – Assist in shooting as needed.
- – Assist in content translation as needed.
- – Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with major coursework in broadcast/communications or equal experience.
- – A minimum of 3-5 years of professional editing experience.
- – Bilingual Mandarin is helpful
- – Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
- – Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays required as needed.
- – Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (Avid Media Composer, Premiere, After Effects)
- – Competence in studio/field lighting, camera and audio setup strongly preferred.
- – Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing are a plus
- – Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments under pressure.
- – Comfortable working in a fast paced, time-sensitive department
- – Travel will be required
- – Demo reel required
- How to Apply:
- Click HERE to apply