The Sports Technology Awards 2016 are Now Open
October 8, 2015
The Sports Technology Awards has officially opened for entries. We have added some events, buy buy collated an exciting panel of judges and created further benefits for entrants – most importantly a new portal, anabolics The Tech Hub, so entries can now showcase videos of their work.
Here is a full list of open categories for 2016. We will also be presenting the Sport England Design Challenge and the Sports Technology Innovator 2016 awards but these are closed categories, based on judges’ nominations.
– Best Sports App
– Best New Sports Technology Concept
– Best Sports Technology Partnership
– Best Technology for Commercial Return
– Best Technology for Fan Engagement
– Best Technology for Managers and Coaches
– Best Technology for Use by a Venue, Stadium, Club or Franchise
– Best Technology to Promote Participation
– Best Sports Kit or Apparel Technology
– Best Use of Technology by a Rights Holder, Broadcaster or Governing Body
– Best Use of Technology by a Sponsor
– Best Wearable Technology in Sport
Seeing technology in action is often far more instructive than simply reading about it so we have introduced The Hub. This is a video portal, which anyone can view but only organizations entering the awards can upload to – a benefit which is completely free.
The Hub gives entrants a great chance to explain what they do in more depth and to a much wider audience.
Past winners tell us that winning a Sports Technology Award makes a very real, tangible commercial difference to their organization. Given the excellent calibre of entries we receive, we wanted to expand this ethos – The Hub is our answer to this.
It is important that The Hub is also entertaining to viewers so submissions will be moderated, prior to publication. Content needs to reflect this so anything overtly long (c.3 minutes or more) or commercial (selling rather than informing) will be rejected – you have been warned!