The Football Business Awards Winners Announced
November 6, 2015
The winners of the Football Business Awards 2015, in association with Smith & Williamson, were announced last night.
The Awards Ceremony, taking place at Stamford Bridge, saw a number of premiership teams receive an accolade, with the night culminating with Sir Trevor Brooking being recognised as the Global Football Ambassador for his contribution to grassroots football.
Sir Trevor Brooking said: “It’s a great honour to be presented with the Global Football Ambassador Award at the Football Business Awards. I’ve spent my whole life in football, from playing for West Ham to then working in football administration where we aimed to increase the participation in grassroots football and develop home-grown talent.
“The need for good corporate governance in football has never been more important.”
Simon Burton, Co-founder of the Football Business Awards, said: “The Football Business Awards is about celebrating those behind-the-scenes, whether the CEO, marketing team or a business serving football.
“Their contribution and dedication to football is essential to the health of football and positive impact on the community. We are delighted to be recognising their efforts at the Awards.”
The winners are:
– Aston Villa Football Club – Best Fan Engagement by a Club
– Designwerk – Best Business Serving Football – up to £2m turnover
– ADI.TV – Best Business Serving Football – over £2m turnover
– White Hart Lane, home of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club – Best Non-match Day Use of a Venue
– West Ham United Football Club – Best Marketing of a Football Club
– ‘Show Your Stripes’ by Southampton Football Club and Mischief PR – Best Club Marketing Initiative – The Premier League
– #EnjoyTheRide season ticket retention by Wolverhampton Wanderers – Best Club Marketing Initiative – Non-Premier League
– Arsenal Football Club – Best Football Club Hospitality
– Everton Football Club – Best / Most Innovative Use of Technology
– Crystal Palace Football Club Foundation – Best Football Community Scheme – The Premier League
– Albion in the Community – Best Football Community Scheme – Non-Premier League
– KSS – Best Professional Service Business Serving Football
– Chelsea Football Club – Best Match Day Experience
– Manchester City Football Club – Best Corporate Social Responsibility Scheme
– SAP and the German Football Association – Sponsorship / Partnership of the Year
– Budweiser Dream Goal – Best Brand Activation Involving Football
– Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club – The Best Football Club to Work For
– Huw Jenkins – Swansea City – FC Business Football CEO of the Year
– Sir Trevor Brooking – Global Football Ambassador