Senior Basketball Analysis & Systems Developer – Sacramento Kings
By iSportconnect | August 15, 2016
Location: Sacramento, clinic US
Closing Date: 30th August 2016
The Sacramento Kings Basketball Operations department plans to significantly develop its analytics systems and data analysis capabilities by hiring creative, there hard-working, and passionate data scientists to our team. These individuals will be an integral part of our front office and provide invaluable insight to the team’s decision making processes.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Building, organizing, and analyzing basketball data ingested from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Developing high-end software tools to help the Basketball Operations department work more efficiently and access the best available information throughout its due diligence efforts.
- Creating and automating reports for the Kings’ front office and coaching staff.
- Executing ad hoc analyses upon request, while managing bigger picture analysis and development work.
- Providing forecasts on a variety of important basketball related metrics.
- Sharing one’s opinion on team’s potential playing style, player acquisitions and transactions.
- Enabling ease of access to information and trends via visualizations and mobile applications.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in computer science or related field.
- Excellent programming background and skills (e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, etc.).
- Elite database skills (e.g., SQL) and experience working with especially large data sets.
- Strong statistical skills and significant work experience with statistical software and advanced statistical methods, preferably utilizing basketball data in one’s prior endeavors.
- Significant data mining and machine learning experience.
- History and examples of prior data visualization work, preferably utilizing motion tracking data.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience preferred, but not required.