Rugby Expo Announces Programme Schedule for First Day
October 28, 2011
With four weeks to go until the single biggest rugby focused conference and exhibition comes to Twickenham, store Rugby Ventures, the management team behind the event, is delighted to announce the final conference programme content for day one of Rugby Expo.
Building on the new conference format for 2011, day one of Rugby Expo will be focused on the professional game. With a top list of high profile international speakers from rugby as well as the wider world of sport, the programme will include four plenary sessions and 11 workshops, open to attend by all delegates.
Amongst the list of expert industry speakers confirmed, the main stage will play host to Paul Vaughan, CEO of RWC 2015, John O’Neill, CEO of Australian Rugby Union, Mike Miller, CEO of the IRB and fresh from the RWC in New Zealand alongside Steve Fanelli from the Oakland Athletics, Elaine Clarke of Chelsea FC and Alistair Kirkwood, UK managing director for the NFL.
Other speakers taking part on day one include:
– Nick Chesworth, head of rugby at IMG
– Dan Lyle, tournament director for USA Sevens
– Derek Palmer, managing director EMEA for Tickets.com
– Paul Kimberley, commercial director for RFL
– David Hutchinson, commercial director for Warrington Wolves
– Steven Jones, awarding winner journalist from The Sunday Times
– Vicky Howarth, head of retail for Tottenham Hotspur
– Steve Griffiths, head of technical services for the IRB
Alongside the four main plenary sessions, day one will host 11 interactive workshops, designed to provide delegates with a much broader range of content covering issues that affect professional rugby. These workshops will focus on three specialist areas from within a typical professional rugby club including; management and finance, marketing and commercial, and technical and performance. All designed to ensure a full programme and a significant amount of content on offer for all attendees.
For full details of the conference programme, please click here.