MotoGP releases 2011 race schedule
By Community | October 1, 2010
The Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM) has released the provisional calendar for next season’s MotoGP, and there will be no race in Hungary.
The 18-race schedule was without a Hungarian MotoGP this year as the venue was not ready, and will miss out again to Aragon, Spain, which stepped in for the race this season.
Spain will now host four races for the 2011 MotoGp championship with Aragon, Jerez, Catalunya and the traditional season finale in Valencia.
The season will start in Qatar on 20 March with the British GP at Silverstone taking place on 12 June.
Provisional 2011 MotoGP Calendar:
- March 20 Losail International Circuit, Qatar*
- April 3 Jerez, Spain
- April 24 Motegi, Japan
- May 1 Estoril, Portugal
- May 15 Le Mans, France
- June 5 Catalunya, Spain
- June 12 Silverstone, Great Britain
- June 25 Assen, Netherlands**
- July 3 Mugello, Italy
- July 17 Sachsenring, Germany
- July 24 Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, United States***
- August 14 Brno, Czech Republic
- August 28 Indianapolis Motor Speedway, United States
- September 4 Misano, San Marino
- September 18 Motorland Aragon, Spain
- October 16 Phillip Island, Australia
- October 23 Sepang, Malaysia
- November 6 Valencia, Spain
* Evening Race
** Saturday Race
*** Only MotoGP class