Media Manager – United States Soccer Federation
By iSportconnect | September 9, 2016
Location: Chicago, sales USA
Closing Date: 29th September
The Media Manager is responsible for generating sales and driving growth for the organization through implementation of local and national media and promotions planning and buying. As the Media Manager, you will be responsible for integrated media planning across both online (video, banner ads, paid social, search, etc.) and offline (out of home, radio, and TV) channels. Additionally, you will need an understanding of brand building strategies, consumer data and creative advertising in order to formulate plans that will meet short term promotional and long-term marketing and brand building objectives. The role requires ongoing analysis of individual campaign performance to ensure optimization of activities and performance over time.
- – Develop the strategy and recommended execution plan to 1) drive ticket sales for events 2) drive retail promotions and 3) implement brand building initiatives in either specific geographies or nationally.
- – Effectively negotiate lower rates, added-value and custom programs to achieve U.S. Soccer Federation’s unique objectives and deliver strong return on investment.
- – Utilize media analytics and data to set goals, assess performance and formulate recommendations for necessary optimizations.
- – Identify new opportunities and uncover ways to capitalize on technology, innovation and emerging media to deliver against agreed upon objectives.
- – Proactively seek out local market knowledge and insights in order to work effectively with local reps to ensure most efficient and effective media placements.
- – Clearly articulate tactics, data and performance with internal departments and key stakeholders.
- – Seamlessly operate between big picture thinking and tactical execution.
- – Formulate clear test and learn plans that outline marketing goals, learning objectives, measurement strategy, and action standards to evaluate success.
- – Effective project management skills, proficiency juggling multiple tasks and coordinating multiple plans.
- – Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field, MBA preferred
- – 5+ years media planning and buying experience.
- – Experience in sports industry or event/promotional agency or marketing environment preferred.
- – Up-to-date knowledge of the digital media marketplace plus a strong understanding of interactive marketing concepts, best practices and digital media planning and buying process
- Understanding of specific SEM concepts and experience managing Google AdWords campaigns preferred
- – Successful track record of leading digital remarketing and/or prospecting campaigns with conversion-based objectives
- – Working knowledge of media research tools and software.
- – Strong mathematic & analytical experience.
- – Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- – Test and learn mentality.
- – Relationship focused and an ability to work in a cross-discipline environment with multiple departments and subject matter experts.
- – Desire to be part of a team
- – Display a tireless work ethic
- – Possess a growth mindset, is open minded and seeks challenges
- – Pursue lifelong development and learning
- – Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- – Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses
- – Request feedback and is open to criticism
- – Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- – Believe and commit to the company’s culture and organizational goals
- – Passion for soccer
- How to Apply
- Click to apply HERE