The Finance Manager role itself is one of the two manager roles in Group Finance, which will report into the Head of Group Finance.
This position will have a broad range of accountabilities including but not limited to responsibility for treasury management of all LTA Group entities, foreign exchange, complex operational cash flow forecasting, loan book cash projections, day-to-day banking activity oversight, in-house banking facility(/facilities) expert, and monitoring of financial and regulatory compliance where relevant. The role will also be responsible for management of the accounts payable and receivable transactional team, the LTA’s insurance programme, and providing ad hoc project accounting support. This list is not exhaustive and will evolve over time. The Finance Manager will also play a key role in pro-actively identifying opportunities for, and driving the continuous development of, the Finance function through various projects and initiatives.
The role as Finance Manager is in essence about driving effective decision making, typically through best-in-class financial and risk planning. You will seek out opportunities to minimise cost while examining benefits and payback where appropriate, seek efficiency wherever possible, and drive value by ensuring activity is aligned to business strategy. You will have a pro-active approach and seek to be involved at the outset of all key projects to help enable effective conversations with senior management.
- Responsible for the operational and people management of the transactional processing team which includes one direct and three indirect reports, providing regular feedback and leadership.
- Acting as the main point of contact for the LTA’s insurance programme, both internally and externally, while progressing renewal and / or remarketing options through liaison with external advisors as this arises. Responsible for ensuring the Finance Director and Chief Executive are informed of key changes and policies alongside key colleagues across the organisation. Key stakeholders include Board, Finance Director, Head of Group Finance, Chief Executive, Senior Managers, Legal, HR, Councillors and volunteers.
- Responsible for cash flow forecasting, the development and review of all cash planning, and producing reports and guidance for inclusion in Board papers as required.
- Responsible for being the treasury lead for the LTA Group to include preparation of treasury reporting and insight for the Finance Director, CEO, wider Executive team, LTA Board, and AELTC ensuring high quality information that is accurate, relevant and timely, and communicated and explained clearly to stakeholders across all levels of the organisation, including the production of relevant visuals and dashboards as required.
- Key contact for the LTA’s investment portfolio responsible for initiating drawdowns from our accounts where necessary, provide monthly reporting of investments, and ensuring compliance with regulations in different regions.
- Responsible for collecting coach, venue and hardship loan repayments, working with Commercial Finance and Property on any issues raised and reporting any non-payments.
- Collaborate with the Head of Group Finance and Head of Commercial Finance to forecast the LTA Group reserves and produce analysis to relay to various boards and committees.
- Responsible for ad hoc year end tasks in conjunction with the Group Finance function.
- Conducting and completing reviews of outsourced providers and supplier contracts.
- Preparation of relevant memos and / or supporting documentation, quantifying the benefits, making recommendations, co-ordinating all related follow up activity, investigating risks and opportunities, identifying savings to mitigate risks, all to ensure targets are achieved or improved on.
- Being able to reliably show and report on the benefits of improved systems, processes, automations, behaviours, and decisions that drive improved outputs plus time and / or cost reductions.
- Management of internal control integrity and ensuring that they are operated on a best practice basis.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the LTA.
- Able to influence key internal & external stakeholders across a number of different levels, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and deliver on time and at a consistently high standard
- Clear communicator with a critical eye for detail yet able to simplify the complex in communication
- Commitment to problem-solving and improving processes, always anticipating the question, and looking for better ways of doing things
- Ability to work with colleagues to ensure that there is a continued environment of creativity, shared opportunity and a culture of progressive and sustained improvement
- Successfully driving strategic implementation through stakeholders and partners
- Pro-active, flexible and fully engaged with a customer focussed mind-set
- You will be ACA, CIMA or similarly qualified with at least three years post-qualification experience
- Strong commercial/professional acumen gained at a fast paced, high demand business
- Experience of using Unit4 desirable
What we can offer you
We are proud of the range of benefits we can provide:
- Retail discounts from brands including Adidas, Dunlop, Crew Clothing, AMC & many more
- 25 days of annual leave
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and shared parental leave
- Free use of our Gym, Tennis & Padel courts and access to various sporting clubs upon joining
- Priority access to our colleague ticket offers for all LTA Major Events, including Wimbledon
- Eligible to participate in the LTA Annual Bonus Scheme, subject to meeting the set criteria in force at the time (depending on your role)
- You will be eligible to receive life assurance cover up to the value of three times your basic annual salary (more depending on your role)
- Private Healthcare cover
- An Employee Assistance Programme that offers anonymous and confidential, emotional, and practical support 24/7 for you and your immediate family
- Pension (up to 10% contribution from employer)
- Cycle-to-Work scheme, eye care vouchers and season ticket loans
- Free parking & bike racks at the National Tennis Centre, plus electric vehicle charging points
- Staff lockers and discount on all food purchased at our Deuce Café
- Social activities all year round which encourage you to get to know your fellow colleagues
The LTA, through its vision “Tennis Opened up”, is committed to creating a diverse environment where all colleagues feel included and a strong sense of belonging. We are proud to actively invite applications from all candidates who meet the essential criteria and can work in the UK. We commit that everyone will receive equal consideration for employment irrespective of your ethnicity, religion, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, age, any disability, marital or civil partnership status, and pregnancy or maternity status.
The LTA Tennis Foundation is a new tennis charity that partners with brilliant people and organisations to improve lives through tennis. It shares the LTA’s vision of ‘Tennis Opened Up’, and it wants to use our sport to make a real difference to people across the whole country. All LTA colleagues have the chance to get involved with the LTA TF, with some directly involved in delivering and leading its work.
To truly deliver our vision of “Tennis Opened up”, we believe it is critical that the LTA plays our part in contributing to a healthier and more sustainable society. We want to grow tennis in Britain, but do so in a responsible way, protecting and supporting the environment and working with everyone in the sport to tackle our climate impacts. We are committed to ensuring a lasting future for tennis in Britain, and our Environmental Sustainability Plan sets out how we will do this.