Communications Manager – Wimbledon
All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club
Job Title: Communications Manager
Department: Communications and Marketing
Reports To: Head of Communications and Media Services
About the role
We are looking for a talented Communications Manager to join the Communications and Marketing department at The All England Lawn Tennis Club.
The Communications and Marketing department manages the stewardship and growth of the organisation’s audience, brand and marketing, content and production, and communications and media services across all channels and platforms.
- This role will work within the Communications team to help manage the delivery of the organisation’s communications strategy and engagement plan across a variety of audience stakeholder groups, both external and internal.
- Support the Head of Communications and Media Services and Corporate Affairs Lead to protect and enhance the All England Club’s reputation and brand through a combination of proactive and reactive communications, including issues management and crisis communications.
- Field and manage enquiries from local, national and international media and maintain contact details/media lists/messaging database.
- Coordinate and distribute media announcements – including releases, statements, briefing documents and fact sheets – in close collaboration with digital, content and audiences teams.
- Manage the delivery of the organisation’s day-to-day internal communications function, including planning, sourcing and creating content for a variety of channels and events.
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues across the various All England Club departments – including the Wimbledon Foundation and Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum & Tour – and internal working groups, providing communications assistance.
- Support the All England Club’s guest services function, both year-round and during The Championships, handling issues-based calls and correspondence from the public.
- Plan and execute media conferences and other media functions as necessary.
- When appropriate, act as a nominated spokesperson for the organisation and The Championships.
- You will be a communications professional, looking to take the next step in your career, ideally with an agency or rights-holder background.
- Possess outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to work quickly and efficiently, whilst upholding a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of proactive and reactive communications management.
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively and developing strong working relationships with a diverse range of people.
- Experience in the sports industry and tennis knowledge a bonus.
The All England Lawn Tennis Club (Championships) Limited (AELTC) organises and stages The Championships, Wimbledon, widely regarded as the world’s premier tennis tournament, hosted on the grounds of one of the world’s most prestigious tennis clubs.
Our business has grown in recent years, and we expect that success to continue. We have plans to further invest in our people and improve our facilities. Our success is important to us and we are guided by our key values of Heritage, Integrity, Respect and Excellence.
The Communications and Marketing department manages the stewardship and growth of the organisation’s audience, brand and marketing, content and production, and communications and media services across all channels and platforms. The department collaborates closely with the Commercial department, which manages the sales and partnerships across all of the organisation’s major income lines, including media rights, brand partnerships, ticketing, hospitality, and retail, merchandise and licensing.
Apply back to Jobs listings
About The Role Race Promotion is a key pillar of Formula 1’s business, contracting and delivering the live platform where fans can experience the thrill…
Location: London, London
Posted: 17 hours ago
Sports: Formula 1
What could you achieve at an agency with a genuinely game-changing offering that is creating demand from all major brands in sport, esports and gaming?…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 2 days ago
The new CEO will be BWB’s leader, representative and one of its ambassadors, acting as the primary contact for the Board, its partners, and stakeholders.…
Location: Loughborough, United Kingdom
Posted: 5 days ago
About the job Application Deadline: 13 October 2022 Department: Commerical Employment Type: Permanent - Full Time Location: London, UK Description The Premier League's Commercial team is looking for a…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 6 days ago
Job information:Division / Unit: Marketing / Marketing ActivitiesContract type: PermanentStart date: 01.10.2022Location: NyonMain goal:UEFA is looking for a Campaign Activation Coordinator to join the Customer…
Posted: 6 days ago
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the…
Location: London, London
Posted: 7 days ago