The Head of Business Analytics & Insights will be responsible for leading a world class team of high performing data analysts, data scientists, market research analysts and visualization engineers that provides insights to support enterprise initiatives. This is a great opportunity for a leader that relishes innovative data solutions, passionate about analytics and enjoys leading a motivated team to support the strategic needs of the various business.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in data acquisition and management, finding insights from large data sets, and product innovation, with a special focus on interdepartmental collaboration.
You will have exposure to and partner closely with senior leaders to drive impact and results. You will also drive strategies with insights with effective communication and strong technical skills to develop and oversee complex analyses. Additionally, you must possess the rare ability to not only deeply understand data, but also to socialize those insights and takeaways efficiently and accessibly.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive a deeper understanding of our fans, partners, and business and serve as a trusted partner that provides data-driven insights to inform strategy and aid in decision making
- Partner with key stakeholders (including Ticketing, Partnerships, Marketing, Finance, Guest Services, Venue Services, Retail, Ballpark Operations and Technology) to meet analytical needs and continuously improve our insight-creation capabilities
- Build insights at scale – elevating our foundational data systems and analytics to allow for faster, better, and more systematic insights
- Identify and champion new analytics and research opportunities that improve the quality and effectiveness of reporting and insights throughout the organization
- Turn business opportunities into the right research questions; pursue and guide the best research approach including qualitative and quantitative insight programs that will create excellent
- Establish processes that promote the dissemination, usage and adoption of analytics and research insights across the organization
- Create an analytics-driven business culture that enables the team to work cross-functionally on key business initiatives and strategies
- Train business users of various skill sets to enable ‘self-service’ analytics; advocate for data-driven decision and frameworks via empowerment of data usage across the business
- Partner with Data Engineering and Technology Infrastructure teams to develop standards and processes around data governance, quality and accessibility to address the self-service needs of business users
- Set objectives and success metrics for the Business Analytics & Insights function and strive to exceed them
- Bachelors in a quantitative field (Business, Math/ Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar); Masters, preferred
- 10+ years of experience in insights and analytics required
- 5+ years in a business or executive management role
- Experience with advanced analytics using large and complex datasets and platforms (SQL, Python, R, Tableau, Cloud, etc.), including model development/data science
- Demonstrated experience in strategic and analytical leadership in a proactive manner
- Executive presence on high-level meetings. Credible functional expertise in predictive analytics
- Demonstrated success in creating measurable business benefit for analytics while interacting with many stakeholders in a complex organization
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, listening and teamwork skills, and effective presentation skills.
- Proven relationship builder based upon trust, respect, effective communication, and achievement of common goals; experience in identifying potential needs and opportunities and in fostering collaboration and support
- Moves groups to consensus and resolves conflicts; exhibits willingness to have difficult conversations
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills
- Experience with budget management
- Sport business industry knowledge preferred
The above information is intended to describe the general nature, type, and level of work to be performed. The information is not intended to be an exhaustive or complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The individual selected may perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
The New York Mets recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and value the unique qualities individuals of various backgrounds and experiences can offer to the Organization. Our continued success depends heavily on the quality of our workforce. The Organization is committed to providing employees with the opportunity to develop to their fullest potential.