The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors and the broader community from COVID-19, and in consideration of recommendations from health authorities and the NBA’s own advisors, any individual working onsite in our New York and New Jersey offices must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including having received a booster when eligible. The NBA will discuss accommodations for individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
The National Basketball Association (NBA) is a global sports and media organization with the mission to inspire and connect people everywhere through the power of basketball. Built around five professional sports leagues: the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League, NBA 2K League and Basketball Africa League, the NBA has established a major international presence with games and programming available in 215 countries and territories in more than 50 languages, and merchandise for sale in more than 200 countries and territories on all seven continents. NBA rosters at the start of the 2021-22 season featured a record 121 international players from 40 countries.
NBA Digital’s assets include NBA TV, NBA.com, the NBA App and NBA League Pass. The NBA has created one of the largest social media communities in the world, with 2.1 billion likes and followers globally across all league, team, and player platforms. Through NBA Cares, the league addresses important social issues by working with internationally recognized youth-serving organizations that support education, youth and family development, and health-related causes.
This position will play an important role in supporting the maintenance of positive relationships with our fans. In addition to handling fan questions, comments and requests, the Fan Engagement Specialist also provides support in reporting on key trends, issues and topics of interest. The ideal candidate should possess an affinity for sports as well as a general interest in communications.
- Monitor and respond to fan mail received via email, as well as postal mail and voicemail
- Compile and distribute regular reports on key trends, issues and topics of interest among fans
- Maintain and update Fan Engagement databases and contact lists
- Assist with additional writing and editing for the Strategic Communications group as needed
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the NBA, WNBA, NBA G League and NBA 2K League and their players, coaches and teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to balance speed with quality and accuracy
- Highly organized with an extraordinary attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications or a related field
- $60,000 – $65,000 per year
We Consider Applicants For All Positions On The Basis Of Merit, Qualifications And Business Needs, And Without Regard To Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Alienage Or Citizenship Status, Ancestry, Marital Status, Creed, Genetic Predisposition Or Carrier Status, Sexual Orientation, Veteran Status, Familial Status, Status As A Victim Of Domestic Violence Or Any Other Status Or Characteristic Protected By Applicable Federal, State, Or Local Law.