Senior Web Content Manager – England Rugby
The RFU has been undergoing a period of significant change, responding to changes in the external environment whilst adjusting to the demands of a modern governing body. The organisation is currently one year into delivering an exciting strategic plan that hopes to have a transformational impact on Rugby Union.
As part of this strategic plan, the RFU has an ambition to become a content-led, data-driven, user-centric organisation with market leading digital capabilities that will not only transform the rugby experience for players, volunteers and fans today, but also future proof the RFU for years to come.
The Senior Web Content Manager will create an exciting vision for how the RFU can transform the experience for our key audience groups through its website portfolio. The role will lead on how the RFU produces top quality content for its audience groups including both written and video content.
- The Senior Web Content Manager is responsible for developing and leading the content strategy of England Rugby’s websites
- The role will lead a team to improve the quality, reach, engagement and personalization of the website experience
- The role will involve working closely with key stakeholders, sponsors and across marketing to ensure growth and engagement
- The role will utilise data and analytics to improve performance and identify new trends
- The role will lead on content that makes England Rugby’s websites a central hub for fans, players and volunteers and supports database growth targets
- Manage and lead a team to deliver high quality web content including written and video
- Ensure web content is fully integrated across marketing and key stakeholders
- Design and develop specific strategies to increase engagement and reach across key audience groups – fans, players and volunteers
- Develop video strategy that works for website in conjunction with social media and video teams
- Work with commercial partners to develop new content strands
- Work closely with rest of marketing team to develop content around key strategic priorities, in particular data capture
- Develop strategy for protected high value content that requires a login and compliments social media strategy
- Analyse, report and identify new trends and performance of content on a regular basis
- Actively collaborate with colleagues to contribute to the development and delivery of the current strategic, business and operational plans
- Champion website across the organisation and commercial partners
- Act as an ambassador for, and promote the best interests of the RFU, including the promotion of the RFU core values and BACK culture.
- Undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the post and the needs of the organisation
The skills and attributes outlined in this description are not exhaustive and we welcome candidates who can bring different relevant experiences to the role
Qualifications, skills & experience:
- Demonstrable experience in content or similar field
- Candidates should be educated to degree level standard or above or have an equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable experience in a relevant role and discipline
- Experience in a similar role at a high profile brand or specialist agency
- Experience working to tight deadlines in a high-paced environment
- Experience in the sporting or entertainment sectors are preferred but not essential
- Experience in altering tone and output depending on the delivery platform
- Wide knowledge of domestic and international rugby
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload and react positively to situations at short notice
- Experience in use of, or willingness to learn, Photoshop and video editing software, such as Premier Pro, also desirable
- Committed to actively contributing to and building an inclusive BACK culture in your role and day to day behaviours.
- Experience of managing a team and delivering a strategy.
- NCTJ or similar journalist qualification or experience
- All role holders must maintain an appropriate standard of confidentiality. Any disclosures of confidential information (including personal information kept on computer or other media) made unlawfully outside the proper course of duty will be treated as a serious disciplinary offence
- The role description, person specification, job level and job title may be subject to change at the discretion of the RFU and under business developments. Any changes will be communicated to the role holder as appropriate
- If you are a trans candidate applying for a job that requires a DBS check, please reach out to email@example.com or directly to our safeguarding team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to use the confidential sensitive application route. This will provide applicants with the choice not to have any gender or name information disclosed on their DBS certificate.
- During your application, we will ask questions about your identity. This information is considered highly confidential and will not be seen by hiring managers. You can find out more about why we ask these questions here.
- Please submit an anonymised CV as part of your application.
Apply back to Jobs listings
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023
British Gymnastics has the following permanent full-time post: E-commerce Manager 37 hours per week Salary range circa £45,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) 39 days…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 1 September, 2023