Senior Manager, Partner Marketing – Phoenix Suns
Suns Legacy Partners includes several companies and many different departments that support the Phoenix Suns, Phoenix Mercury and Footprint Center.
Would you like to win championships and create sustained success? Suns Legacy Partners is looking for individuals that are committed to pursuing excellence and be part of crafting memorable experiences.
We are seeking an individual who is a self-starter, collaborative and results-oriented to join our team as a Senior Manager, Partner Marketing with the Marketing Department. This position will be responsible for leading the creation and execution of marketing strategies and campaigns on behalf of our partners as well as developing long-term innovative partnership solutions in support of growth objectives. This role is on the larger Integrated Marketing team, directly supporting our mid-level partner portfolio, and will work with key stakeholders within our Global Partnership Solution Sales and Activation teams.
We’re looking for a dynamic marketer to join our team who is passionate about our partner’s success and pulls from a range of business and marketing skills including strategic planning; hands-on execution; relationship building and project management. This role requires an experienced professional who is able to orchestrate a cross-functional team to deliver programs and campaigns that drive measurable results.
Suns Legacy Partners (SLP) strives for a work culture that aﬀords employees ﬂexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many departments, many SLP employees participate in the SLP Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in oﬃces, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona.
What Will You Do
- Develop fully integrated, multi-channel strategic recommendations that engage consumers
- Collaborate closely with a diverse cross-functional team to deliver strategies and programs that support both partner initiatives, business developments opportunities and prospective partner pitches
- Work directly with the integrated marketing team (social, digital, creative, etc.) to develop promotional plans, based on partner insight and brand positioning and improve sponsorship inventory with new sellable assets
- Deliver innovative business partnership proposals in conjunction with sales and creative
- Lead the development and distribution of branded content strategies aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets and partner objectives
- Support international marketing strategies
- Provide creative direction for all assets with areas of partner inclusion including Theme Nights and special platforms/programs.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams within an organization
- Must be able to prioritize and balance multiple projects, deadlines and changing priorities simultaneously while maintaining excellent and accurate work
- Ability to easily identify potential hurdles within a project and takes the lead on solving them
- Interact with a variety of fields and levels within the organization
- Should have a demonstrated passion for sports and the sponsorship industry as a whole
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance
What We Need From Our Sr. Manager
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Marketing, Communications, etc.) and proven experience in professional sports, brand or agency managing
- Developed skills at rolling out integrated marketing programs
- Demonstrated the ability to work cross-functionally at various levels of an organization
- Digital savvy, including related to social media, presentation software tools, tracking documents, and office software such as PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc.
- Outstanding organizational abilities, thorough, strong multi-tasking and prioritization abilities
- Experience and ability to spearhead work with little to no direction, not afraid to speak up, and are proactive getting things done
- Leadership skills to lead and develop one-direct report
Experience/ Education Requirements
- Relevant bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Communication, etc.) required
- Preferred minimum of 6+ years of integrated marketing or sports partnership experience
What You Can Expect
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and some holidays to meet business needs
- Ability to stand, walk, sit for various periods of time
- Occasional travel from time to time for professional development
- This position works mainly indoors, removed from extreme weather; exposure to weather is <5%
- S-Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible about of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Position is predominately computer-based, requiring the use of a computer monitor
- Must be able to carry on a conversation both on the phone and in-person
- Ability to Read, Write & Speak in English
- Wide range of fulltime benefit options including
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverages
- Life and Disability options
- Vacation, sick and holiday leave programs
- In-arena work requirements with the potential of hybrid schedules based on each role and department.
- Visit out Culture page learn more about our culture and work environment
Suns Legacy Partners, LLC. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For questions about this career opportunity, please contact our People & Culture Recruiting team at SLPrecruiting@suns.com
Apply back to Jobs listings
Sussex Cricket Hove, Sussex Competitive salary and reward package Sussex Cricket are looking to identify an exceptional individual who is excited by the opportunity to…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 29 November, 2023
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023