Public Relations Manager – Angel City FC
Angel City FC
Angel City is building a world-class organization to support its ambitions to redefine sports and entertainment. Our vision is to create engaging and unique content across multiple platforms to bring the purpose-driven mission of this Club to the world.
We are stronger together, have more impact together, and have more fun together!
The Manager of Public Relations for Angel City Football Club (NWSL) is a critical position in the department that manages soccer and corporate communications, runs the press box at all home games, and works directly with our soccer players and technical staff. This position will report directly to the VP of PR and is a hybrid of working remote and in-office.
- Own the creation of all public relations assets, including press releases, interview preparation, and media alerts. Overseeing these assets includes designating tasks for junior staff as appropriate
- Manage interview requests for half of the team’s roster and select members of the front office and technical staff
- Maintain strong relations with coaching staff and players, as well as ACFC’s editor and third-party creative companies
- Serve as the secondary broadcast liaison for all home matches and primary liaison during applicable away games
- Serve as the primary stakeholder for game day. This role includes managing the press box, overseeing game day staff, assisting with statistics, helping credentialed media with any game day asks, and helping to coordinate the post-game presser
- Manage the onboarding process of all interns, training them in all PR basics, including coverage tracking, media list building, email blasts, and the creation of press releases, media alerts, and interview preparation documents
- Own the game notes for the team, which includes updating game notes every game working across the organization to gather new team statistics, individual statistics, projected starting XI, recaps, and notes
- Attend daily morning meetings with the VP of PR, twice-weekly team check-ins, and other internal department meetings as needed
- Work closely with other departments, particularly content, partnerships, and community, to activate significant team announcements and branding moments
- This role will travel to many of the away matches and is a hybrid of working remotely and from the Santa Monica-based office
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Communications, Marketing, or related fields
- Three to Five years of experience with other sports teams is preferred, including college, semi-pro, and professional.
- Familiarity with the sports industry and understanding of the sport of soccer
- Strong communications skills and the ability to work a flexible schedule with multiple tasks in progress at a time
- Knowledge of AP Style is preferred.
Angel City believes in building a safe place for creative expression and celebrating that which makes us who we are; welcoming unique and personal backgrounds and experiences. We’re proudly building an inclusive Angel City team.
Apply back to Jobs listings
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023
British Gymnastics has the following permanent full-time post: E-commerce Manager 37 hours per week Salary range circa £45,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) 39 days…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 1 September, 2023