Marketing Manager – Ear to the Ground
Ear to the Ground
What could you achieve at an agency with a genuinely game-changing offering that is creating demand from all major brands in sport, esports and gaming?
You could join a fast-growing team that is responsible for building and maintaining Ear to the Ground’s award-winning reputation within the international marketplace.
Help us continue our recent momentum by leading the charge on our pillar marketing activities to drive conversations and create opportunities with world class brands who want to lead culture. This is a unique chance for an experienced manager to take their next step in their career and be part of a growing independent agency.
Ear to the Ground is a global creative agency that uses sports, esports and gaming to build culturally powerful brands. Understanding the future of fandom is central to our proposition. Our entire agency process is built on real-time listening with the new breed of fan. We do this by collaborating with our global network of over 11,000 fans. We call this Fan Intelligence®. You can learn more about Fan Intelligence® with a short film here
We pride ourselves on listening better than anyone and our purpose “To Make the World Listen” is fundamental in everything we do. 2021 was our fifth consecutive year of growth, we have long term partnerships with the likes of PlayStation, Sony Electronics, New Balance, and Coca-Cola.
Ear to the Ground is a place where people grow, develop and thrive.
We are proudly independent, not part of a larger conglomerate. At our core, we understand the importance of culture in enabling you to do your best work. Progress is possible for everyone that joins us. We reward ambition, invest in talent, and encourage you to forge your own path. Our commitment to listening is felt by our own people too; this is an agency where every voice is heard. Supportive, collaborative, social, and inspiring.
You will benefit from our ‘Work From Anywhere’ policy and we encourage applications from candidates anywhere in the UK. Our HQ is in Manchester, which you should expect to travel to at least once a month for meetings and events; but otherwise you have the flexibility to work wherever suits you best.
Job Title: Marketing Project Manager
Department: Marketing and New Business
Location: Manchester – Hybrid working policy – min 1 day per week in the office
Reports to: Marketing and New Business Director
As Marketing Project Manager you will be central to the promotion and growth of the
agency with expert Project Management skills, and a wide knowledge of Marketing theory and practice. With a minimum of 5 years’ experience you will lead in the delivery of Ear to the Ground’s Marketing campaigns, offering end-to-end Project Management of our initiatives to ensure we are driving fame, word of mouth and commercial growth for the business.
You will take ownership of our marketing calendar, working with internal and external
stakeholders to drive cross-functional projects which leverage our Fan Intelligence®
offering, whilst ensuring that all our outputs hit our company objectives and KPI’s
You will play brand guardian when it comes to delivering our marketing initiatives which will include promoting our award winning campaigns and elevating our Fan Intelligence® offering via live, social and digital formats. You will play a key role in supporting our New business team to create initiatives and assets to inspire new business, and you will work closely with our wider team to lead on our awards process.
Main Responsibilities and Activities…
As Marketing Project Manager you will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work with Key stakeholders to develop a marketing calender, and own the delivery of this.
- Deliver best in class end to end project management across a wide range of marketing projects. From optimising team operations & process to leading major campaigns & promotions with hard deadlines.
- Develop project plans and secure budgets, ensuring projects are delivered on brief, on time & on budget with clear milestone planning.
- Work with key stakeholders internally to gather all the tools needed for our marketing initiatives, ensuring you are planning and booking in resources efficiently.
- Manage more junior members of the marketing team to ensure work is done efficiently, and to a high standard.
- Play a lead role in the delivery of our Social campaigns – leading on the planning and delivery of our day to day social assets and nurturing our online community to help identify any growth opportunities.
- Play brand guardian for all our external marketing comms ensuring all our assets align to our company proposition and objectives.
- Work with external partners to support on the delivery of our PR, digital and web activity.
- Work with internal stakeholders across Client Services and Creative to deliver the agency’s award process.
- Support the New Business function of the team with the creation of specific marketing collateral and content.
Skills & Experience
We’re looking for:
- A minimum of five years’ experience working within an agency or brand side
- Excellent project management skills with experience of managing internal and external stakeholders to deliver success (essential).
- Knowledge of managing comms campaigns (including social) of regional and /or global accounts, preferably B2B.
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisation skills – An ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high pressure, ever changing environment. With a structured way of working in order to deliver to deadlines.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of functionality and marketing strategy of Twitter, LinkedIn,
- Instagram, YouTube channel. Interest in TikTok and new emerging channels would be a plus.
- Understanding and experience of how to pull an award entry together.
- Strong cultural curiosity and understanding of current trends in sport, gaming and esports.
Apply back to Jobs listings
Sussex Cricket Hove, Sussex Competitive salary and reward package Sussex Cricket are looking to identify an exceptional individual who is excited by the opportunity to…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 4 days ago
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023