VP Director of International Marketing – WWE
VP / Director of International Marketing
Location: London (Approx. 15-20% travel)
Reporting into the EVP, Marketing
The VP / Director of International Marketing is responsible for setting and executing marketing strategies for WWE’s key international markets. The position works closely with the International Business team to lead strategic initiatives, support growth and revenue across all lines of business. A key priority is to build and maintain a high performing team, with exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Key stakeholders include International Business, Marketing, Data & Insights, Strategy, Talent & Entertainment Relations, Live Events, Media & Social & Creative. Good relationship management with external stakeholders is key as we have several broadcast partners that this role would be closely aligned with.Responsibilities
- Co-own all marketing and communications strategies across all channels and product categories working with the key stakeholders for all revenue lines, Communications & Brand.
- Have a proven track record building omni-campaigns and high-performing activations that drive traffic, tickets, subs, and revenue growth.
- Develop and implement global marketing programs that support all channels including Media Rights, Live Events, Retail, Wholesale, Ecommerce, and Licensing.
- Create and execute the marketing growth & strategy plans for UK, APAC, India and EMEA regions.
- Align all marketing efforts to measurable KPIs that support overarching business goals.
- Ensure cross-functional synergy with all departments including E-commerce, Live Events, Merchandising, Retail, Licensing and Communications.
- Collaborate with the Media, Social, and Ecommerce teams to map and develop relevant product storytelling that support key launches and merchandise priorities.
- Ideate and execute international Premium Live Events (PLE’s), brand / client events and product activations that drive traffic, exposure, and revenue.
- Support customer research & CRM international initiatives to garner actionable insights to execute.
- Partner with creative services to ensure timely delivery / distribution of brand assets for all international markets.
- Foster relationships with internal / external business partners to mine opportunities for the brand and business.
- Stay on top of industry trends and research opportunities within partnerships, media, experience, and brand storytelling.
- Track and reconcile the international marketing budget in partnership with the finance team.
- Oversee strategy, planning and implementation of marketing campaigns to drive all revenue-generating businesses and brand awareness internationally.
- Manage strong relationships with key external partners e.g., BT in the UK, collaborating on marketing efforts with compelling positioning and messaging.
- Partner with global marketing, community, and sales/partnership teams to maximize key promotional initiatives internationally.
- Lead the development of the detailed channel plans, annual forecasts, and quarterly submissions in line with key performance metrics.
- Execute quarterly customer planning, supporting the events calendar and the QBR review process.
- Analyze campaign performance across channel mix optimization to meet agreed targets.
- Work with the Creative & Partnerships teams on launches e.g., talent signings or new platforms / partnerships / products and establish a ‘go to market’ marketing process for the international team.
- Effectively manage any retained agencies and other third-party agencies/relationships to drive optimal performance and cost effectiveness. Ensure strategies & plans are defined, targets are in place & activity is regularly reviewed.
- Nurture strong relationships with the Content, Media & Creative teams that allows the Talent & Content to be maximized. Develop quarterly plans to reflect the Content & Event schedule, Community and brand activity and use these to grow and engage international audiences.
Knowledge, Skills, And Experience
- 10-15+ years marketing experience ideally across multiple international territories and media platforms.
- Excellent people skills with strong leadership qualities to build a new international marketing team.
- A holistic marketeer with a proven track record across the entire marketing mix and through the line campaign management.
- Experience developing innovative & creative marketing concepts / programs that resonate with consumers.
- Ability to manage a global team of marketers that deliver market driven strategies and revenue growth.
- Results driven with a strong analytical ability, able to demonstrate results and progress to plan.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include strong experience interacting with and presenting to senior leaders / partners, as well as the ability to successfully partner with employees across all levels and lines of business
- Clear & knowledgeable digital strategic thinking that inspires innovative & effective work.
- Understanding of tools and techniques used in marketing and audience development.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, results-oriented.
- Excellent budgetary skills demonstrating efficiency of spend & effectiveness.
- Understanding of econometric and attribution modeling across the marketing funnel.
- First class program management skills and ability to balance short term delivery targets and marketing campaign requirements with longer term development of transformational change.
- Extremely strong communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with key stakeholders across a fast moving, multi-faceted organization.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, demonstrated both through relationships with internal stakeholders and third-party agencies.
- A creative and critical eye for creative assets and used to working with creative teams.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Wider brand and marketing experience as an experienced and well-rounded marketer.
- Technical knowledge of data structure, attribution & analytics.
- Leadership capability to drive high performing teams.
- Strong communication skills and able to build relationships and influence at all levels internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to communicate and present ideas/strategies to different audiences and a passion for finding solutions to enhance performance.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills. A good influencer with an ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- Well-organized with excellent attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience of the Sports Entertainment / Media industry is desirable but not essential.
Apply back to Jobs listings
Sussex Cricket Hove, Sussex Competitive salary and reward package Sussex Cricket are looking to identify an exceptional individual who is excited by the opportunity to…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 1 day ago
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023