Head of Supporter Engagement – Tottenham Hotspur FC
About the job
Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son, and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts, and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
- A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
- A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Commercial partnerships with globally recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world’s leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company.
- A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040.
- An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health, and social inclusion programmes.
The Club is seeking a Head of Fan Engagement to help deliver an industry leading approach to supporter engagement.
Due to the nature of the industry and this role you may be required to work outside of normal working hours including evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.
To deliver an industry leading approach and the highest level of fan engagement and supporter representation.
- Deliver supporter engagement strategies for supporters of the men’s and women’s teams.
- Ensure the Club meets and exceeds the compliance requirements of the Premier League’s new Fan Engagement Standard.
- Oversee the Club’s administration of the Fan Advisory Board, providing a diverse and representative forum that is the primary means for the Club to engage with supporters on strategic issues.
- Lead on supporter group stakeholder management with Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust, Proud Lilywhites, SpursAbility, SpursREACH, THFC Flags, Tottenham Women Supporters’ Club.
- Lead on internal stakeholder management for supporter engagement with colleagues from Catering, Communications, Marketing, PR, Safety, Supporter Experience and Ticketing.
- Lead on external stakeholder management for supporter engagement with the Football Supporters’ Association, Kick It Out, Premier League and UEFA.
- Drive the Club’s equality, diversity, and inclusion work as a Staff Equality Lead, with particular focus on the Premier League Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Standard.
- Create and deliver fan campaigns to ensure the best matchday atmosphere in the Premier League.
- Lead on fan education and behavioral initiatives in partnership with relevant stakeholders and oversee the Club’s Sanctions and Banning policy.
- Perform the mandatory role of the Supporter Liaison Officer.
- Manage the Supporter Liaison Executive in the delivery of match focused workstreams and work with them to ensure a team member is a point of liaison at every home and away match.
- Lead on communications around fan activations and campaigns delivered by the Club.
- Deliver Club support for key fan events throughout the year including, where relevant, attendance from players, Ambassadors and Board members.
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas.
- Values and respects others, builds relationships, collaborates, and is committed to the principles of equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and relationship-building skills.
- Highly organised, proactive, and self-sufficient with strong attention to detail
- Capable of dealing with difficult supporter-facing situations with sensitivity and professionalism
- Supportive of colleagues and eager to contribute to the team’s success.
- Has a personal understanding and appreciation of supporting a professional football club.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Clear, engaging, and responsive written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to project a professional image and build rapport with supporters and internal and external stakeholders of all seniority levels.
- Understanding and knowledge of supporter engagement, specifically in relation to the football industry
- Understanding and knowledge of customer experience principles, particularly in an entertainment venue context
- Strong problem-solving skills
- IT literate, with excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Apply back to Jobs listings
Sussex Cricket Hove, Sussex Competitive salary and reward package Sussex Cricket are looking to identify an exceptional individual who is excited by the opportunity to…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 3 days ago
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023