E-Commerce Trading Executive – Tottenham Hotspur
Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London, with a global following of millions.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
· A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
· A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
· Commercial partnerships with globally-recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world’s leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company
· A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040
· An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health and social inclusion programmes
The E-commerce Merchandiser & Growth Executive plays a crucial role in growing the Stadium Tours, Dare Skywalk and Edge Visitor Attractions business at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. As a key member of the Digital Platforms pod within the Digital & Growth Marketing team, you will own the online customer experience for Visitor Attractions and be responsible for driving growth and performance through the merchandising, optimisation and personalisation of all Visitor Attractions products on our e-commerce website and transactional platforms.
You live and breathe customer experience, and will be the voice of the customer when it comes to website experience. You will focus on product merchandising, customer segmentation, and site optimisation through A/B & multivariate testing and making refinements to the customer journey. You love breaking down complex problems to identify simple solutions that deliver world-class customer experiences. You understand the importance of building seamless customer experiences in an omni-channel world, have an insatiable appetite for understanding your customers and are relentless in delivering online experiences that raise the bar.
You will have a best-in-breed technology stack at your disposal to deliver on our commercial, optimisation, and conversion rate objectives. You should have a growth-focused mentality and the desire to drive learnings for the business through conversation rate optimisation (CRO) via A/B and MVT experimentation. You must have a working knowledge of content management systems (CMS) and experimentation tools, such as Optimizely or Dynamic Yield. You are a creative thinker with an analytical mind, and will put that mindset to use in a fast-paced, hyper-evolving environment where marketing, data and product combine to propel the growth of our Visitor Attractions online experience. You will report to the Digital Platforms Marketing Manager and work cross-functionally with the Visitor Attractions Commercial Lead and Marketing Manager to drive our ambitious digital growth strategy.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, gender, race, ethnic origin, religion /belief, or sexual orientation.
- Drive the overall website merchandising strategy for Stadium Tours, The Dare Skywalk and The Edge, determining site needs for marketing campaigns, new product introductions, and evergreen functionality based on short and long-term business goals.
- Oversee the publishing of products and content across our site, including authoring pages in our CMS, managing product info, implementing site changes ahead of events and campaigns.
- Define and build a continuous CRO plan to drive incremental improvements to site engagement and conversion
- Assist in managing the optimisation roadmap for the customer journey, identifying areas of concern and monitor e-commerce trends.
- Creation of new and relevant customer journeys which promote current and future Visitor Attractions products and categories
- Measure and optimize site conversion through adjustments to navigation, product, content, and other site functionality.
- Proactive analysis of data to define improvement recommendations with actionable insights and next steps for senior management
- Launch A/B and multivariate tests with strong hypotheses to significantly increase website conversion rate
- Monitor website analytics against agreed KPI’s to ensure business targets are exceeded and where appropriate identify areas of concerns and implement corrective action
- Work closely with the marketing team and wider business to ensure they are up to date with roll outs of features and functionality across Visitor Attractions
- Utilise Google Analytics GA4 and Mixpanel to analyse a wide range of areas from traffic conversion, site conversion, check and platform behaviours to provide insight for optimising funnel performance
- Identify trends and user behaviour to quantify customer habits and recommend optimisations to maximise traffic, reduce abandonment rate, and increase conversions
- Monitor sales daily/weekly/monthly ensuring the business is on track to hit performance targets
- Provide a regular suite of reports to the key business stakeholders on new initiatives, data insights and results.
- Deliver consistent growth and performance improvement
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
Skills & Experience
You are an ambitious self-starter who has a deep passion for building world-class, innovative and memorable customer experiences. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, deep website experience, a tenacity to develop ideas independently, be comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in a fast-paced, complex and ever-evolving environment.
- A proactive digital native, with 3+ years’ experience in merchandising and/or digital optimisation
- Experience in a D2C e-commerce start-up, scale-up or other high growth business.
- Experience in Attractions, Events or Ticketing verticals desirable but not required.
- A self-starter able to hit the ground running with passion and ability.
- Agile and able to adapt quickly in a high-profile business.
- Able to prioritize projects with strong attention to detail.
- You know your way around the back end of a website CMS
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or product analytics such as Mixpanel, Amplitude, Heap
- Experience with website experimentation and personalisation tools such as Dynamic Yield or Optimizely highly desired
- Experience with customer data platforms and BI tools
- Excellent business judgement and strategic thinking
- Strong understanding of how to optimize and personalise content to increase conversion
- Highly analytical and adept at using data and insights to spot trends and make decisions.
- Able to build effective relationships across all levels of an organisation.
- A confident communicator and a dab hand at challenging colleagues in a positive and encouraging way when required.
- You enjoy working autonomously but are able to earn trust with a collaborative work style.
- Strong Excel, numerical and analytical skills, able to extract and analyse data from platforms (e.g., Google Analytics, Mixpanel, mParticle, personalisation and web testing tools)
- Well-organised, logical and efficient; process-driven with good project management skills.
- Desirable: CIM Marketing Certificate (or similar)
- Bachelor’s Degree, minimum 2:1
Apply back to Jobs listings
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023
British Gymnastics has the following permanent full-time post: E-commerce Manager 37 hours per week Salary range circa £45,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) 39 days…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 1 September, 2023
We are looking for a Data Analyst to provide insight to the Commercial function, with the ultimate aim of improving supporter experiences and maximising commercial…
Location: London, London
Posted: 31 August, 2023
Job Title – Creative Lead (Commercial - Partnerships) Department - Sponsorship Location – Stamford Bridge Hours – Permanent – 35 hours, any 5 from 7…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 21 August, 2023
As a Product Marketing Manager, Customer Data platform, you will successfully lead and run the SalesForce Data Cloud/CDP implementation project for the IOC, gathering business…
Posted: 10 August, 2023
World Rugby is the international federation responsible for the global development of Rugby. It’s strategic mission is to accelerate the growth of Rugby, inspiring more…
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posted: 10 August, 2023
Sports: Rugby union
The NBA is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. To safeguard our employees and their families, our visitors, and the broader community from…
Location: New York, North America
Posted: 10 August, 2023