E-Commerce Trading Executive – Tottenham Hotspur
Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London, with a global following of millions.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
- A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
- A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Commercial partnerships with globally-recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world’s leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company
- A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040
- An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health and social inclusion programmes.
This position sits within the retail operation which is based in Enfield and includes frequent visits to Lilywhite House.
The club runs a fully in-house retail and events operation, which includes buying of merchandise, running of stadium experiences including stadium tours, managing multiple physical shops, licensing of products and running of online platforms. The Ecommerce Trading Executive will be based at the Enfield office and will focus on ensuring the presentation of all content on all ecommerce websites is perfect and meets requirements relating to quality and site performance.
The Ecommerce Trading Executive is responsible for the upkeep of all products and promotions across the online shop.
They are also responsible for the content on the Experiences website, and responsible for the setup of the products on that site in line with requirements from the operation.
The Ecommerce Trading Executive will also share responsible for copy, all images, and all pages across the Online Shop. Products are sorted in order to ensure highest possible conversion, and to pick up any issues or bugs with the website.
They will also manage other elements like merchandising on the site, working with third parties to innovate the website, setup in the CMS, on site product search as well as on site promotions.
- Responsible for supporting the eCommerce team in maximising sales and profit margins across the Online shop.
- Growth of conversion across the Online Shop
- Ensuring the brand guidelines are upheld on all eCommerce platforms
- Ensure all information is correct across all ecommerce platforms such as customer service info and store location info
- Redirects – Managing redirects across the Online Shop.
- Responsible for the updating of META data in addition to the creation of product descriptions on the Online Shop
- Create personalised experiences using Dynamic Yield to improve the customer journey and maximise sales.
- Ownership of social-proofing across the site to maximise conversion.
- Create geo-targeted promotions to grow sales and conversion in key markets, reporting on promotion results to the wider team.
- Ownership of creating fully responsive landing pages for promotions and featured ranges across the Online shop.
- Product priority – making sure that products are arranged in the right order on the Online Shop to support the customer experience.
- Report any website issues to the Ecommerce Trading Manager and/or to our systems supplier.
- Responsible for viewing heatmaps on the Online Shop as well as viewing customer sessions and feedback learning and recommendations to the wider ecommerce team.
- Backend setup and maintenance of settings such as pre-order product lists and customisation lists for replica shirts
- Responsible for product badging and all other on-site visual merchandising such as on-site search
- Work along side operations and optimisation to conduct split testing and personalisation on site
- Reporting key metrics using Google Analytics as well as other internal based reporting systems.
- Drive sales and conversion of our global Supporters Clubs.
- Responsible for maintaining site speed for the Online shop
- Responsible for all back-end setup including but not limited to on site promotions
- Responsible for utilising the On-site Search tool to ensure key search terms are returning relevant results for customers and communicating to the Buying team any search trends.
- Managing the Amazon branded Spurs Shop which includes product upload, maintenance as well as identifying opportunities to grow sales revenue through Amazon Marketplace.
- Ownership of the day-to-day tasks managing products on any other Marketplaces the Club launch in the future.
- Responsible for providing the Ecommerce team with reporting key metrics from all Marketplaces.
- Supporting Customer Care with customer queries including live chat enquiries.
- Thinks ahead, generates ideas, challenges the status quo
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to high standards, takes responsibility
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Highly organised, proactive and self-sufficient
Skills & Experience
- Commercially aware
- Excellent time manager
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Knowledge of web content management systems
- Good experience of using Microsoft Office software (word, excel)
- Understanding of SEO
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Comfortable writing briefs to external clients for on-site developments.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn computer systems
- Experience working in a similar eCommerce or digital role
- Passion for eCommerce / Digital
- Ability to connect performances both on and off the pitch to retail performance.
Apply back to Jobs listings
Sussex Cricket Hove, Sussex Competitive salary and reward package Sussex Cricket are looking to identify an exceptional individual who is excited by the opportunity to…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 4 days ago
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023