Creative Director – Ear to the Ground
Ear to the Ground
What if you could create work at the cutting edge of culture for some of the biggest global brands in gaming, sports and esports?
This is a chance to turn world-beating insight into visually stunning campaigns seen by millions. You will be part of a growing creative department at a multi award winning, independent agency that invests in talent and believes in big ideas.
This role is suited to a strategic and socially minded creative with a real entrepreneurial spirit as the agency is looking for somebody to help further grow our creative presence in the US. This is the perfect role for a culturally connected and ambitious creative looking for an exciting new challenge.
Ear to the Ground is a global creative agency that uses sports, esports and gaming to build culturally powerful brands. Understanding the future of fandom is central to our proposition.
Our entire agency process is built on real-time listening with the new breed of fan. We do this by collaborating with our global network of over 11,000 fans. We call this Fan Intelligence®. You can learn more about Fan Intelligence® with a short film here
We pride ourselves on listening better than anyone and our purpose “To Make the World Listen” is fundamental in everything we do.
2021 was our fifth consecutive year of growth, we have long term partnerships with the likes of PlayStation, Sony Electronics, New Balance, and Coca-Cola.
Ear to the Ground is a place where people grow, develop and thrive.
We are proudly independent, not part of a larger conglomerate. At our core, we understand the importance of culture in enabling you to do your best work. Progress is possible for everyone that joins us. We reward ambition, invest in talent, and encourage you to forge your own path.
Our commitment to listening is felt by our own people too; this is an agency where every voice is heard. Supportive, collaborative, social, and inspiring.
Job Title: Creative Director
Responsible for: Art Director
The Creative Director will bring a mix of marketing expertise and inspirational creativity to take Ear to the Ground’s Creative output to the next level.
Main Responsibilities and Activities
- Work closely with Creative Strategists and our Fan Intelligence department to conduct internal and external creative workshops to collaboratively develop insight driven creative campaigns
- Bring to life ambitious creative ideas, translating them into compelling print materials, digital experiences and content experiences for visually sophisticated audiences
- Present, or oversee presentation of final concepts, inspiring our clients to purchase
- Be an agency expert in creative market trends, visual communication, and the competitive landscape to inspire everyone in the agency to produce great work
- Supervise a cross-functional team of graphic designers, copywriters, social media experts, photographers/videographers, and project managers in the strategic development of creative campaign messaging and deliverables.
- Review and approve art and copy developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address marketing goals and challenges
- Build a world class team of internal and external creative resources to ensure that our creative is brilliantly executed
Skills & Experience
- 10 years of related experience with 7+ years of creative direction in agency or corporate setting
- A passion for youth culture, specifically in gaming, esports, sport and music. Across the mainstream, next gen and counter-culture.
- Would be beneficial to have knowledge of gaming and esports
- Several years of experience creating marketing/advertising campaigns from developing vision and the message platform to overseeing production
- Understanding and past experience creating integrated campaigns across all marketing channels from digital, social media, paid media, mobile, but also understand offline and print
- Proven experience with concept development led by strategic insight
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Inspirational knowledge of creative marketing
5 days per week with some flexibility required to meet needs of business
Apply back to Jobs listings
Sussex Cricket Hove, Sussex Competitive salary and reward package Sussex Cricket are looking to identify an exceptional individual who is excited by the opportunity to…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 2 days ago
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023