Communications Manager – British Cycling
British Cycling’s Commercial Directorate is made up of the Communications, Marketing, Membership, Creative, Research and Insight, and Commercial Partnership teams, which work together to tell the story of our work, grow our membership and commercial revenues, and celebrate the achievements of our riders and staff.
From PR and campaign management through to creative design and content production, we work as an in-house agency, supporting the business to deliver its ‘Lead our sport, inspire our communities’ strategy.
In this role you will lead on the delivery of strategic, multi-channel communications campaigns, media relations, media operations and internal communications in support of the British Cycling strategy.
What Will You Be Doing
- Developing and implementing innovative communications campaigns to support the organisation’s strategic priorities, working closely with internal colleagues and the media to build affinity with and support for British Cycling.
- Building strong relationships with sport, news and broadcast media outlets, both nationally and regionally, to take our work to the widest possible audience.
- Producing high-quality press releases, quotes, briefing documents and web copy covering the full breadth of the organisation’s work, from the grassroots to the Great Britain Cycling Team.
- Managing communications and PR activity for British Cycling’s major international and domestic events, such as UCI Track Nations Cup rounds, with a focus on driving customer engagement, ticket sales and ensuring high-quality spectator communications.
- Fulfilling the role of event Media Manager for all international and domestic events delivered by British Cycling, managing the media operations process to provide a first-class experience for attending journalists, photographers and broadcasters.
- Working closely with our Commercial Partnerships team to announce and activate partner and supplier relationships, raising awareness of their achievements and purpose.
- Working closely with our Membership team to deliver customer-facing activity which celebrates the benefits of British Cycling membership, while identifying opportunities to raise awareness of our membership offer amongst new audiences.
What are the perks?
- Competitive salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Generous holidays (25 days + Bank Holidays)
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Life Assurance
Closing Date: Friday, 11 November 2022
Apply back to Jobs listings
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023
British Gymnastics has the following permanent full-time post: E-commerce Manager 37 hours per week Salary range circa £45,000 per annum (dependent upon experience) 39 days…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 1 September, 2023