Commercial Insights Manager – The Premier League
About the job
Application Deadline: 13 October 2022
Employment Type: Permanent – Full Time
Location: London, UK
The Premier League’s Commercial team is looking for a Commercial Insights Manager to provide clear and actionable insight that supports the Premier League’s strategic goals and informs decision-making across the organisation.
The Premier League is moving into an exciting strategic phase, and decisions and processes depend on the quality of insight we can drive. The Commercial Insights Manager will play an important role in helping to shape the next stage of growth.
The right candidate will have a track record of excellent research and analytical skills and proficiency in interpreting data and producing impactful reports to educate and inspire.
Working alongside the Head of Commercial Insights, the Commercial Insights Manager will help deliver a best-in-class research and insight programme covering fans, strategy, broadcast, digital, marketing, reputation, and commercial partnership campaigns.
This insight will be used to advise all areas of the organisation. From informing various fan-facing decisions, international fan engagement, broadcast rights negotiations and supporting commercial sales, to contributing to the Premier League’s position on a wide range of public policy issues, the right candidate will work across a diverse set of projects and have excellent exposure to all areas of the business.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Manage, maintain, and help facilitate the development of the Premier League’s research and insight programme.
- Advise on programme developments, and commission and manage the delivery of new research projects as required.
- Develop management processes and resources that inform and educate key stakeholders by presenting relevant facts, figures and insight from all areas of the Premier League’s research programme.
- Advise on outcomes supported by the programme, such as fan engagement strategies, enhancing relationships with the Premier League’s partners and Premier League campaign development.
- Provide a wide range of research and insight to support the Commercial team, from working with appointed agencies to gather market intelligence to conducting bespoke studies and exploring new areas of commercial growth.
- Work with colleagues across the Broadcast, Business Intelligence and Strategy teams to pull together holistic insights.
Requirements For The Role
- Strong academic background with several years’ experience in a research role.
- Confident researcher with experience in designing and executing quantitative and qualitative research elements.
- Excellent project manager with a track record of delivering research projects independently from start to finish.
- Brilliant collaborator, able to get the most out of a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders at all levels to deliver high-quality work.
- Strong analytical skillset and ability to manage and systematically assess research data and identify interesting trends and patterns.
- Excellent writing skills, with experience of communicating with senior stakeholders.
- Microsoft Office skills (high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint).
Nice-to-haves for the role
- Experience in sport or a related industry.
- Some understanding of data visualisation tools, in particular Qlik Sense.
- Any understanding of statistical software platforms to analyse data.
Our competitive range of benefits includes:
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Life insurance
- Subsidised gym membership
- Health screenings
- Mental health support
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Pension scheme
- Discounts with commercial partners
- Access to match day tickets
The Premier League is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All appointments will be made based on merit.Our commitment to safeguarding includes implementing robust safer recruitment procedures to assess the suitability of individuals applying for roles that involve work with children and adults who are or may be at risk of harm.
Apply back to Jobs listings
Sussex Cricket Hove, Sussex Competitive salary and reward package Sussex Cricket are looking to identify an exceptional individual who is excited by the opportunity to…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 29 November, 2023
About the job Job Title – Web Writer Location – Stamford Bridge and Cobham Training Ground Hours – 6 Month FTC – 35 hours a…
About the jobLocation: Manchester At Manchester United our aim is to Win the United Way – and the quality of our behind-the scenes team sets…
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 November, 2023
Position: Chief Executive Officer Place: Somerset County Cricket Club City: Taunton, Somerset £ Excellent + benefits Somerset CCC is looking to identify a suitably experienced…
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 5 September, 2023