Kosmos CEO Alonso Will Feature At Lausanne Summit
September 17, 2018
iSportconnect is pleased to announce that Javier Alonso, Executive Director of Kosmos and CEO of Kosmos Tennis, will feature as the subject of the Interview of the Day at the 2018 Lausanne Summit, powered by PwC and in association with ThinkSport, taking place on September 25th, 2018.
Before joining Kosmos, Javier spent 25 years in the management team of Dorna Sports, the commercial rights holder for leading motorcycling championships including the MotoGP series.
As Dorna’s Managing Director of Events, he was responsible for the organisation of all the group’s international racing events. He was also Executive Director of the World Superbike Championship.
Kosmos is a Barcelona-based holding company founded and chaired by professional football player Gerard Piqué, and backed by Hiroshi Mikitani, the Chairman and CEO of e-commerce giant Rakuten.
Earlier this year, the International Tennis Federation unveiled a 25-year, $3 billion partnership with Kosmos aimed at transforming the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas and generating substantial revenues for global tennis development.
From 2019, the competition will see 18 nations and the world’s best players compete in a week-long season finale to be crowned Davis Cup champions.
Kosmos is currently building a global portfolio of sports, media, and entertainment ventures, leveraging strategic synergies across content, platforms, technologies and geographies.
They will be joined at the 2018 Lausanne Summit by:
- Joey Tan, Head of Global Strategic Initiatives, Alibaba
- Stephane Fillastre, Head of Brand, Licensing & Retail, FIA
- Sébastien de Chaunac, Head of Communication and Brand Activation, Formula E program, ABB
- Andrew Ryan, Executive Director, ASOIF
- Sébastien Audoux, Head of OTT Sports, Canal+
- Daniel Marion, Chief of Information and Communication Technology, UEFA
- Brent Barry, Head of eSports, Logitech
- David Dellea, Head of Sports Business Advisory, PwC
- Marco Tinnirello, CEO, Eurovision Media Services
- Candice Mudrick, Senior Client Director, Newzoo
- Felix Blank, Director of Digital Platforms, Sportradar
- Mo Fadl, Head of eSports, Riot Games UK
- Diego Gilardoni, International Consultant, Author and China Specialist, Hofstede Insights
- Simon Morton, COO, UK Sport
iSportconnect’s 2018 Lausanne Summit will bring together some of the key leaders from the world of sport business, to debate the topics that are currently transforming the industry.
The 2018 Lausanne Summit will be an opportunity for top-tier executives to experience and enjoy the unique learning and networking benefits available at this exclusive invitation-only event. All discussions will remain confidential under the Chatham House Rule.
Invitation Policy: The 2018 Lausanne Summit is an invitation-only event. Complimentary invitations will be overseen by PwC at its own discretion. If available, iSportconnect may issue a limited amount of tickets for purchase on a first come first serve basis. Invitations are personal and cannot be transferred.
For limited partnership opportunities, please contact Hugo Millns (firstname.lastname@example.org)