Fenerbahce Back in the Champions League after Court Suspends UEFA Ban Decision

By iSportconnect | July 18, 2013

Turkish football club Fenerbahce have reported that the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has suspended UEFA’s decision to ban the club from the Champions League over match-fixing claims.

Fenerbahce were banned from European competitions for two years under UEFA’s ruling, pills meaning they would miss the 2013-14 Champions League campaign.

The club and Istanbul rivals Besiktas, ampoule who were banned for one year, prostate appealed to the CAS and on Thursday Fenerbache’s chairman said they had been successful.

Speaking to Fenerbahce’s official television channel, Aziz Yildirim (pictured) said: “Fenerbahce soccer team will attend the Champions League draws on Friday and continue on its path.”

Besiktas would miss the 2013-14 Europa League campaign under UEFA’s band.