Euroleague Basketball Announces 2020 Fan XP Innovation Challenge Finalists
By Community | February 7, 2020
A group of 10 ambitious and forward-thinking startups from around the world have been selected as finalists for the Euroleague Basketball 2020 Fan XP Innovation Challenge.
A jury of global tech business professionals chose the finalists from among 80 aspirants from 17 different countries who applied to meet the challenge’s stated goals of offering solutions to create the best fan experience possible in one of three fields: broadcast-related fan engagement; in-arena fan engagement and/or smart arena solutions; and fan engagement through digital platforms.
iSportconnect’s Founder and CEO Sree Varma will be on the panel deciding the best new startup at the final event in Barcelona later this month.
The 10 finalists, hailing from seven countries on three continents, will present their projects at 4YFN, the startup exhibition of the Mobile World Congress, with more than 25,000 attendees, from February 22 to 24 in Barcelona, Spain.
The EB 2020 Fan XP finalists are:
- Edisn of India is an AI computer vision platform that uses proprietary player recognition technologies to deliver enhanced fan engagement and provide additional monetization opportunities for content owners.
- Stadiugraph of Italy Stadiugraph is a free app that enables fans to crowd-source and perform mosaic choreographies within minutes after being designed and approved by the majority of the supporters.
- watafan from Spain offers sports stars the tools to create their own digital and gamified autographs that may be distributed from mobile to mobile by reading a QR code instead of a pen, guaranteeing collectible value for their scarcity and exclusivity.
- StriveCloud from Belgium is a competitive gamification platform that attracts, connects and retains new fans by activating static customer service management (CRM) data through game mechanics and motivational psychology.
- Pressenger of Spain helps apps interact with fans to visually communicate results and highlights; interactively share promotions, contests and quizzes; welcome fans to the arena; and send reminders about events and breaking news; among other innovations.
- SeatServe, from the United States, is a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution that enables fans to use in-seat delivery and express pickup services at arenas, leading to an increase in revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Piing, from the United Kingdom, is a digital platform that uses massively multiplayer games to turbo-boost fan engagement. Whole crowds join in games on a big screen, using their phones as controllers, boosting atmosphere and the fan experience.
- YBVR of Spain offers interactive and immersive content for fans to engage in at home, at the arena or on the go. No longer will fans need to be physically present at a game to experience the magic of “being there”!
- Vogo of France distributes live and replayed audio and video to spectators in arenas, transforming their game experience by providing multi-camera content on demand on tablets and smartphones, irrespective of the number of people connected.
- ViciTV, from the United States, turns existing fan engagement investments by clubs into a global sports TV network, giving franchises the ability to control and personalize the gameday experience for out-of-market fans.
At the Euroleague Basketball 2020 Fan XP Innovation Challenge, the finalists will be able to present their pitches in a public session at the 4YFN conference, where a jury formed by top sports, tech, innovation, and investment specialists will select the winning startups.
4YFN is the world’s most influential startup business platform enabling startups, investors and corporations to create, discover and launch new ventures together. Held alongside MWC, 4YFN is the forum for entrepreneurship.