Director of Partnerships & Marketing – USA Water Ski
By iSportconnect | September 26, 2016
Location: Polk City, anesthetist FL, USA
Closing date: 30th September 2016
The Director of Partnerships and Marketing leads the sales efforts for USA Water Ski relative to sponsorships, licensing and royalty partnerships, advertising for The Water Skier and corporate alliances for membership benefits. Responsibilities include maintaining industry relationships as well as the fulfillment and execution of our advertising and sponsorship agreements. An additional primary responsibility is implementing a marketing platform for the promotion of all USA Water Ski sport disciplines.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sponsorships and Partnerships
-Responsible for USA Water Ski sponsor solicitation initiatives.
-Responsible for creation of USA Water Ski sales platform with materials for use in sponsor proposals.
-Responsible for development of programs that tie sponsor advertising to USA Water Ski asset inventory.
-Responsible for development of sponsor benefit programs, campaigns and connections to USA Water Ski programs.
-Responsible for securing sponsors for specific USA Water Ski programs, tournaments and events.
-Responsible for engaging industry involvement and sponsorship for USA Water Ski.
-Responsible for sponsor fulfillment and activation.
-Coordinates on-site event activation and fulfillment requirements for sponsors including banner placements, live announcements, awards presentations, etc.
-Coordinates sponsor activation and fulfillment requirements for communication and offerings to the USA Water Ski membership through e-blasts, mailings, etc.
-Oversee all social media marketing campaigns and posts
-Includes posts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and USAWS blog: www.sharelifeonthewater.com
- -Coordinates sponsor advertising commitments for The Water Skier magazine.
- -Coordinates with Director of Communications sponsor presence on USA Water Ski website, materials and other such items.
- -Provides positive and productive relationship with sponsors in an effort to foster continued growth and development.
- -Creates and updates media kits and other sales materials.
- -Responsible for creating sales platform with materials and proposals for advertising sales for The Water Skier,” advertising at events, etc.
- -Responsible for coordinating and scheduling advertising placements and securing materials to meet production date deadlines.
- -Responsible for renewing and updating Dockside and Marketplace section ads.
Event and Competition Support
-Responsible for sponsor activation at USA Water Ski tournaments and events.
-Responsible for all sponsor banner display
- -Assistance with USA Water Ski merchandising at major events.
-Responsible for trade show, tournament and special event vendor booth/display program preparations and implementation.
- -Responsible for sponsor accreditation and access for all USA Water Ski major events and tournaments.
- -Responsible for television and webcasting broadcast efforts and implementation.
- -Responsible for event support for selected events, including competition and marketing activation support.
- -Assists and supports the conduct and staging of national and international championship events conducted in the United States.
- -Supports USA Water Ski Approved Towboat Program.
- -Serves as a member of the USA Water team in all aspects of the merchandising program (design, selection, sales, etc.)
Membership and Sport Disciplines
- -Responsible for development of partnership discounts and benefits for USA Water Ski members.
- -Coordinates with the Member Services Director on membership marketing efforts.
- -Responsible for connecting all sponsor solicitation and activation to specific sport disciplines.
- -Develops and administers budget for USA Water Ski relative to sponsorship sales and fulfillment, advertising sales, licensing arrangements and royalties.
- -Responsible for filing monthly billing lists of advertisements for the accounting department.
-Duties and responsibilities can be revised, be added or be deleted at the sole discretion and at the direction of the Executive Director or, in his absence, the President of US Water Ski.
Formal Education, Certification and Training Requirements:
- College Degree Required – Bachelor’s degree in the area of sports marketing, and/or business/management is preferred.
- Understanding of the sport of water skiing or similar Olympic or professional sport is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of one year working in lead sponsor relations position.
- Minimum of one year working experience with sports related organization.
- Minimum three years working experience in sponsor sales/relations.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements
- Creative, energetic, enthusiastic “team player” with innovative ideas and ability to take the initiative.
- Ability to provide accurate dissemination of information/results on each event critical; must be detail oriented.
- Strong organizational and communication skills needed.
- Strong ability to interact with the public and athletes – public speaking required.
- Good rapport with the sports business community in the industry is necessary.
- Basic computer skills required – Microsoft Office Platform and Programs – Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Weekend and evening work required during the competition season.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Full-time position located at National Headquarters in Polk County, Florida.
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications.
- Comprehensive benefits package including retirement program and medical insurance.
How to apply: Please provide your CV with a cover letter that tells why you are a suitable candidate for the role and details your current salary/benefits to TeamWork Online at: www.teamworkonline.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. It is anticipated that the last day for applications to be accepted will be Monday, September 30, 2016. Due to the anticipated number of high quality applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.