Communication & Marketing Director – England Golf
By iSportconnect | September 13, 2016
Location: Woodall Spa, UK
Closing Date: 26th September
Heading up a Communications, Marketing and PR team, the Communications and Marketing Director will provide strategic and operational direction.
The Communications and Marketing Director will work closely with the Chief Executive to plan, develop and support the organisational strategic plan and ‘improve the image and promote the benefits of golf in England’. The successful candidate must have strong managerial skills and a wide range of communication, marketing and/or PR experience. You will be working to drive the organisation forward, building on the recent development of a digital strategy and supporting the annual plan as well as the strategic plan.
The ability to think creatively and deliver effective communications and marketing strategies, utilising appropriate tools and maximising the online presence are key skills. You will need to demonstrate a Commercial mind-set and ability to meet our Commercial needs. The Communications and Marketing team works across the organisation, supporting all areas of the business and you must be able to quickly understand the nuances of a membership based and not-for-profit organisation and the pressures each area of the business faces.
Working Relationships: Internal:
· Chief Executive Officer – monthly meetings and regular communication. · Board – attendance when required.
· Heads of Department – management meetings and across annual delivery plan.
· Staff – Communication and Marketing across departments.
· Communications, marketing, digital and PR agencies –regular communication and meetings. · England Golf commercial/sponsorship partners – negotiating and managing contracts and ensuring the receipt and delivery of agreed rights
· County Unions & Associations – communication with county secretary and Executive.
· The R&A, Professional Golfers Association (PGA) andGolf Foundation · Clubs – communication through club managers, captains and volunteers.
· Governing and industry bodies – sharing experience and good practice. Main Duties and Key
· To lead England Golf’s strategic Communications andMarketing work by improving the image and promoting the benefits of golf inEngland.
· To lead and support England Golf with their communication and marketing requirements and ensure consistent planning and alignment of activity resulting in integrated communications solutions that will assist those Managers/teams to meet company objectives.
· To oversee and manage England Golf’s Communications andMarketing budget.
· To build and develop a Communications and Marketing team which is competent, commercially astute, dedicated and efficient.
How to Apply
To apply please download, complete and return the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form (HERE) for the attention of Human Resources on email@example.com.