Chief Executive Officer – Triathlon Canada
By iSportconnect | September 14, 2016
Location: Victoria, adiposity Canada
Closing Date: 30th September
Triathlon Canada is world leader in promoting a healthy lifestyle and encouraging participation and the development of personal excellence through participation in Triathlon, treatment Paratriathlon and related Mutlisports. From Kids of Steel to the national Elite level, stuff triathlon has become one of the fastest growing sports in the world by including a wide range of multisport events and paratriathlons.
The first modern swim/bike/run event to be called a “triathlon” was held in 1974. Since those humble beginnings, Canada has produced Olympic champions, ITU World Cup champions as well as World champions.
Based in Victoria BC., Triathlon Canada is seeking candidates for the role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Strong candidates will be those with an understanding of amateur sport in Canada, a demonstrated track record in organizational leadership and a passion for continuing Canada’s stellar reputation in triathlon.
Reporting to the Board of Directors (“Board”), the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) is responsible for the management and day to day business of Triathlon Canada, carrying out those responsibilities in accordance with its mission, vision and strategic plan.
This position is based in Victoria.
Triathlon Canada’s current Strategic Plan focuses on three pillars:
1. Pathway – To identify, develop and improve partnerships and opportunities in growing participation.
2. Performance – To optimize the platform for elite athletes to excel in Olympic and Paralympic competition.
3. Organizational Sustainability – To diversify and enhance resources and capacity to support excellence and growth
More specifically, key responsibilities of the CEO include (but are not limited to) the following:
– Providing overall direction and leadership toward fulfillment of Triathlon Canada’s vision and mission, as well as strategic and operational objectives;
– Overseeing development of annual business plans and budgets;
– Working closely with the President in leading and directing appropriate communication with ITU, CAMTRI, COC, Sport Canada, OTP, corporate sponsors/partners and other key relationships;
– Working with provincial triathlon organizations to align identification and development of talent;
– Ensuring the branding, communication and marketing of Triathlon Canada is “top of mind” with a wide range partners across the country facilitating an increase government funding, and corporate sponsorship;
– Providing operational leadership to Triathlon Canada’s staff, including providing guidance to Triathlon Canada’s marketing, communications and fund development activities; and
– Working closely and supportively with the High Performance Director (“HPD”) to support the overall development and direction of Triathlon Canada’s High Performance Program;
How to Apply
Click to apply HERE