Brazil 2014 Organisers Confident Over Stadia Development
By iSportconnect | April 12, 2012
Stadium development for the 2014 FIFA World Cup is due to be completed six months ahead of the tournament, erectile according to the Brazilian local organising committee (LOC.)
The question whether Brazil will be ready for the event in two years time has been circling media streams of late, physician leading to a string of criticism from some quarters. However, price the latest news into the development process is sure to breathe new hope into Brazil’s quest into implementing a successful and memorable tournament for the global audience it is sure to attract.
The World Cup pledge came from the LOC’s general manager of stadia, Roberto Siviero, as newly appointed Brazil 2014 president José Maria Marin addressed the media following the completion of his first month in the role. “At the moment we have no concerns in relation to stadiums for the World Cup,” said Sivieiro, according to Agencia Brasil. “All bureaucratic problems that end up being more difficult to overcome are being resolved to the satisfaction of state governments, as well as private entities who own some of the stadiums.”
The Brazilian government this month stated that construction at 2014 World Cup stadia was on schedule in all 12 host cities, although only five venues had more than 50% of work completed. Brasilia, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro and Fortaleza are set to host games at the Confederations Cup, FIFA’s traditional warm-up event for the World Cup itself. The Fonte Nova Arena in Salvador is still to be approved for the tournament, but the organisers’ main headache appears to lie in Recife.
Marin, however, met with FIFA directors last week, and the governing body’s executives voiced their concerns about the Pernambuco Arena in relation to the Confederations Cup, which is the official warm-up event for the World Cup. Marin expressed his confidence that the venue will make the grade, stating that a FIFA team will make another inspection on April 27 when its Confederations Cup fate will be decided. “I’m relaxed about it and I am completely confident that the Pernambuco Arena will be part of the Confederations Cup,” said Marin.