Bill Ng Dismisses Rumours Of Deal With Ticketus
By iSportconnect | April 17, 2012
The man behind the bid for Rangers, Bill Ng, and his Singaporean consortium has moved to deny that a deal with Ticketus has been completed.
While Paul Murray’s Blue Knights was said to have cooled interest earlier in the week, it was speculated that Bill Ng’s consortium were finalising a deal with the UK’s leading ticketing company, Ticketus, ultimately edging out any other competition from the process. However, It is also understood that a rival bid from American Bill Miller is being considered by administrators.
Ng told the BBC: “”We have not agreed on any terms with Ticketus at the moment. I do not want to speculate on the reasons of Blue Knights’ withdrawal but the apparent withdrawal from the bidding process by the Blue Knights means only that the chances of taking over increases for the two remaining bidders left in the process.”
Whilst going on to add: “”The best interest for Rangers will be the best bid forward; we accept this as a matter of fact. I do not have the facts of what Mr Bill Miller has proposed. I only know what I can do and what my plans are for the club, if I am successful.”
“I believe it is more important for me to stay focused at this point of time and prepare for our ground works, regardless of the result of the announcement by the administrators.”
At the beginning of the process The Blue Knights, with Ticketus as a partner, had appeared to be front-runner to take the club over from administrators Duff & Phelps. However, it remains to be seen whether Bill Ng will now strike a deal with Ticketus as the future of Glasgow Rangers is still undecided.