Location: Brisbane, UK
Closing Date: March 29, 2017
The Logistics Functional Area (FA) is responsible for identifying, scoping, storing, delivering, recovering and disposing the materials required to stage the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games. There will be six interrelated work streams in the Logistics FA that will work together. The Venue Logistics stream is responsible for specific on-venue logistics and is a member of the core venue team.
We have a number of exciting opportunities coming up in the Logistics team for Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games.
These roles will be based primarily on the Gold Coast, and will start end of July 2017 and will be finishing April 2018.
Reporting directly to the Cluster Venue Logistics Manager, the Venue Logistics Manager is responsible for the planning, implementation and delivery of Venue Logistics operations at a specific competition or non-competition venue. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time. Further responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement Logistics operational plans, policies and procedures for allocated venue/s within time critical deadlines
- Act as the main Logistics contact for the venue team, provide logistics advice and support to stakeholders including Functional Areas (FA's), staff, suppliers and contractors as required
- Maintain up to date and accurate records and complete daily reports
- Meet milestones with regards to scheduling, resource scoping, health & safety and training
- Manage on venue deliveries, asset tracking, distribution in venue and return post event
- Manage on venue resources, fuel, vehicles and crew
- Work closely with the Logistics Coordination Centre to achieve the desired Level of Service to venue
- Manage the Master Delivery Schedule (MDS) on venue in coordination with relevant FA's
- Manage, motivate, train and support logistics staff and contractors as required
- Maintain a clean and safe work area on venue and ensure all Health & Safety standards, policies and procedures are adhered to
You will be enthusiastic, highly driven and excited about the possibility of being part of Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games. Additionally, you will have:
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role in events, operations or logistics management where managing a team of direct reports and relationships with multiple stakeholder was a key requirement
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent time management, interpersonal, oral, written, presentation and communication skills
- Hold a valid full manual drivers licence
How to apply: visit https://goo.gl/FqI6xj